EI Dosing and GH

stevefarmer

Sep 2, 2023
Gosford, NSW, Australia
Hi

My apologies for not replying for months, things have been very hectic!

I have discovered what the TDS issue is, and I feel pretty stupid TBH, I watched YouTube video which suggested minimal gravel cleaning was best for planted tanks. I have always done deep gravel cleaning in the past, and switched back to that a couple of weeks ago and Hey presto the TDS is dropping! See attached weekley record of tank parms. I tested today and it was 1040, so I have definitely found the problem!

Substrate is aqua one black gravel.

Regards
Steve

Attachments

• tank_parms_dec_feb.pdf
    25.3 KB · Views: 23
  • tank_1.jpg
    tank_1.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 19
  • tank_2.jpg
    tank_2.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 16

Renan Ogiwara

Nov 2, 2020
Brazil
Hi

My apologies for not replying for months, things have been very hectic!

I have discovered what the TDS issue is, and I feel pretty stupid TBH, I watched YouTube video which suggested minimal gravel cleaning was best for planted tanks. I have always done deep gravel cleaning in the past, and switched back to that a couple of weeks ago and Hey presto the TDS is dropping! See attached weekley record of tank parms. I tested today and it was 1040, so I have definitely found the problem!

Substrate is aqua one black gravel.

Regards
Steve

My TDS out of the tap here is 30 and in the tank (after a 95% water change) is 60-70ppm… GH and KH out of the tap is 1 and <1.

Very good water.

Can you post the water parameters (ph, kh, gh, tds, no3 and po4) right out of the tap in your home?

I may suggest you a faster approach…

And what are the fertilizers you are using right now? (all the product and the maintenance schedule, weekly and daily)

Thanks @stevefarmer