Copper piping in house issue or cause of death of shrimps?

Hallen

Guru Class Expert
Oct 8, 2010
The Netherlands (Gelderland)
oliverpool;72444 said:
There are some that says that Prime kills Inverts!?! I could not fine anything on Seachem that says it does or does not. I know of many folks that use Prime with no problems on their CRS/RCS but there are some in the forums I visit that say that Prime was the "prime" suspect that killed their invertms :D

As with alot of thing people jump to conclusions "I added solution X and the shrimp died? Then solution X must be the cause!" In general in turns out people don't even bother to rule out other factors, just jump on the bandwagon and before you know it alot of people will claim it to be true and thus myth's are born. I don't want to generalize all shrimp lovers, but alot of the die-hard breeder scene over here tends to think ferts are the devil, when I present them my tank with breeding shrimp they write me off as a lucky guy and something is bound to go wrong sooner or later. Yet I've succesfully kept shrimp in high fert tanks for several years now.

ShadowMac

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 25, 2010
Grand Forks, ND
Hallen;72445 said:
As with alot of thing people jump to conclusions "I added solution X and the shrimp died? Then solution X must be the cause!" In general in turns out people don't even bother to rule out other factors, just jump on the bandwagon and before you know it alot of people will claim it to be true and thus myth's are born. I don't want to generalize all shrimp lovers, but alot of the die-hard breeder scene over here tends to think ferts are the devil, when I present them my tank with breeding shrimp they write me off as a lucky guy and something is bound to go wrong sooner or later. Yet I've succesfully kept shrimp in high fert tanks for several years now.

Absolutely! correlation does not infer causation.

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Have had no issues with PRIME in shrimp tank.
Also did not mean to infer cause of problem in my tank was use of CSM+B which contain's more copper than the trace I was using previously, but I also would not knowingly (In my tank),, use product with more copper which consensus seems to be is harmful to inverts, if same result's can be achieved with product containing less.