Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cryptocoryne wendtii shoots

Smile A Deep Subject

Hi,

The thing I just realized is that the plant in the photo is buried too deep.
    That may (I really do not know) be the reason for all the roots heading up.

Perhaps a photos of your swords would help, but planting too deep is pretty common in gardening in general.

Biollante
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.

• I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

The Bee Gees, wow. A little before my time but still an interesting video. Below are some pics of my stalky swords. Any suggestions for how far up I should pull them and the crypts?

Smile Display the Crown, Said the Queen

Hi,

Before your time…

Based on the photographs all of the plants are too deep.

The “crown,” the point where all of the stalks come together should be above the substrate.

It appears you ought to be able to uncover the crown by gently removing the gravel.

Biollante
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.

• I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

Great. I'll give it a go. Thank you very much.

I too have a lot of these "external roots". I simply trim them. The Crypto Wendtii has been in my tank for a very long time and doing great, so not really something to worry about.