1. I'll think I'll keep my tracing dosage until everything else is optimized.
2. Maybe I can lower this to 27 °C, but anything lower would harm the discus long term. What do you think?
I think I should clarify my filtering. It's basically a filter tank inside my main tank. That means that some glass stuff is glued in so the water has to flow through this. The medium is foam + siporax.
Can I work with that or do I have to replace it with a standard canister filter? Maybe remove the siporax and only filter through some foam? Any ideas on that? The main problem with my system are the mammoth pumps I think.
4. This goes hand in hand with 3 I think. I thought about adjusting the pipe in a 45 degree angle to the surface, so the surface agitation is reduced.
5. Will increase the Co2 slowly every few days.
6. I'll get some fertilizer like Osmocote, freeze it and dump right beside the plants. Any tips on dosage? I read something like 5 g per 25x25 cm.
7. I'm already removing algae by hand but I guess this problem will only get better when the plants recover.
Anyway, thanks for all the great tips ;-)