Someone I know has asked for my help with a fish tank...
Here are the facts
1. They have a 10 gal fish tank and NOTHING else, except water I suppose. I assume std dims.
2. They want fancy guppies.
3. They know nothing about fish or plants.
4. They want the tank to have plants.
5. They want LOW maintenance. Not much time or expertise...
6. They want the tank to look like one of my c02/EI tanks Especially the 220 that Tom scaped as they like that one the best, so I am unsure if Tom needs to come do it or not.. Perhaps I can ship to him and he can ship back scaped
I will use flourite for substrate as the ADA will cause too much work for them. I can use water sprite and java fern/mosses for plants. I can cut them a tiny manzy branch as well I hope. They like the tree effect, so I will see what I can do for them...
So, I need suggestions for a simple T8 or T12 light and a decent easy to maintain filter, I guess an HOB of some kind. Or I guess any new type of light, whether LED or whatever.
They have zero money to spend so I will be supplying some of the hardware, but even the cost of replacement filter pads, etc must be considered.
I am thinking even a large sponge filter driven by a whisper air pump. That way they can just rinse the sponge every few days.. Low fish load (at first lol ) and heavy planting will also help. Or, perhaps a large sponge over a whisper HOB intake. That will save the pads from getting dirty as quickly.
Long time since I did such a low effort tank. Should be fun and I like these folks, so want to help them out with something half decent.
Thanks in advance...