Thread: Free Presentation On Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

Free Presentation On Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture on rare and unusual Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo. Chuck has been keeping tropical fish as pets since 1967. His interest in fish got him started working in pets shops and fish stores while in high school to directly importing fish from South America and Asia, while attending college. After graduation he got a real job as a geotechnical field engineer and is still currently working as one today.

When Rift Lake cichlids were first introduced into the hobby he was immediately taken by them and had a strong interest in all cichlids ever since. He is a past Chairman and current Fellow of the American Cichlid Association. He is also the past president of his local club, the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association. He has been diving in Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika with Ad Konings. In 2009 he led a group of local club members to Florida to collect feral cichlids and visit tropical fish farms. His other interests include collecting antique aquariums and maintaining his collection of carnivorous plants. This will be Chuck's first visit to Seattle and is looking forward meeting new aquarists and making new friends.

The lecture will be Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Guests welcome; no entrance fee
    Family friendly but no childcare provided
    Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
    Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions
    Roy
    45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Pressurized CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
    Greater Seattle Aquarium Society

Chuck knows a ton and 1/2 about cichlids and then some, go see his talk, you'll be glad.

I love SA dwarf cichlids, wish I could go.
    Last edited by ShadowMac; 10-24-2011 at 08:30 PM.

I keep a 125 of Malawi cichlids. I really wish I could see this presentation.

Is there any chance it will be filmed or recorded?

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the "shout out"! I still review your talks from last September, especially the "light limited" one, on a regular basis. Kathy is already starting to book the speakers for next year, we may have a speaker next September (2012) that will lure even you up here!! lol
    Roy
    45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Pressurized CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay

Hi All,

Chuck's talk on 'Rare and Usual Dwarf Cichlids' is on Tuesday, November 8th at our regular GSAS meeting and is open to the public at no charge.

In addition, FOR GSAS MEMBERS ONLY Chuck has agreed to do a a second talk on 'Lake Victoria Cichlids'. The talk willl be on Saturday, November 5th. The information regarding the time and location is available to GSAS members in the "secure" area of our website; www.GSAS.org.

I hope you have the opportunity to attend!
    Roy

Chuck Rambo's presentation on 'Rare and Unusual Cichlids' is one week from today, November 8th!!!
    Roy

will the talk that is open to all be recorded or filmed? that would be great!!! *hint *hint

Hi All,

Tuesday is just around the corner!
    Roy

Hi All,

Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening....don't miss this opportunity. I attended the Saturday Members Only meeting and Chuck did a great talk on Lake Victoria cichlids. I don't keep African cichlids but I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. I am really looking forward to the 'Rare and Unusual' cichlid talk!
    Roy