Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to wire a Burkert type 6011 solenoid

How to wire a Burkert type 6011 solenoid

Due to a lack of references on the internet, most people cringe at the idea of wiring their own CO2 solenoids. I hope to show with 50+ pictures that wiring your own solenoid isn't something to be scared of. The shop where I ordered this solenoid offered to wire it for me for the cost of $20. Save yourself the money and DIY!

Here is how the package came today:

The packing slip w/ part numbers (MMMMM BUNA-N):

Aside from the box that I will show you with the solenoid, this type 2506 DIN connector came wrapped up in its own plastic bag. This is the thing we will wire and plug into the solenoid:

This is what is in the plastic type 2506 DIN bag:

Here is the way the actual solenoid comes:

Here is the solenoid once outside of the box:

Here are some pics of the different angles of the solenoid:

This is where the type 2506 DIn connects once the power cord has been installed...a gasket will sit in between:

Shifting the focus back to the Type 2506 DIN, lets start by disassebling the unit:

The 2506 comes with a cap on the back. You will need to remove this in order to get the connecting points (where you connect the power chord) into position.

Here is the location of the cap:

I'm removing it!

Here is how it looks when the cap has been removed and we look down into the 2506:

Now, if you look at the last picture, you will notice a green circuit board-looking thing. This is something we will have to remove from the black plastic body/case but only after we remove the cord pressure screw, seal, and crush washer from the back of the DIN unit:

To do this unscrew counter clockwise:

It should end up looking like this (there are 3 pieces that come off once your unscrew the pressure srew (screw, seal, crushwasher): ***In these pictures, the screw, seal, and washer are attached, so it all looks like one piece***

Here is what it looks like down the cord tunnel after you remove the nut, seal, and crush washer:

Once we have everything disassembled, we need to remove the green circuit board looking thing from the housing. To do this, use a SMALL flathead screwdriver and gently pry up inside of the black plastic housing on the side where the cord attaches.

Again, going back to this picture, you see where the cord tunnel meets the circuit board? Insert the flathead screwdriver just inside the black housing between the cord tunnel and the metal connectors on the circuit board.

Pry up slightly, the circuit board will pull out with little effort.

This is where you connect your 18/3 gauge power cord:

When you pry out this circuit board, you'll notice a black plastic cradle that connects to the unit. You can take that black cradle off temporarily:

Before you do any connecting, trim the cord wires to the correct length (I kept these long to make it easier to photograph) and feed the wire end of the power cord through the DIN body (through the power cord tube). It should look like this after you're done (obviosuly the wires should only be .5-1" long--I am showing lots of excess wire):

Note the position of the crush washer, seal, and pressure screw:

(I ended up having to cut the excess wire and re-strip them prior to install. I left the wires long in order to ease the picture taking process).

Notice on the circuit board the (+) (-) and (earth) symbols:
    Last edited by Matt F.; 10-23-2010 at 12:12 AM. Reason: clarifying

It's time to connect:

For wiring:
    Green = Earth/Ground
    Black = Hot/Live (+)
    White = Neg (-)

Here is what it should look like. Insert the tips of the wires, then tighten the screw down to hold them in place:

Next add the black plastic bracket back on the circuit board:

Slide the whole thing back inside the DIN plastic housing:

Depending on the power cord, the wires leading into the DIN connector can be too long. I removed about an inch and re-installed. I used regular wire cutting pliers and a razor blade. Only strip about 1/2 cm of insulation off (at most) the tip of the wires to prevent shorts.

snipped and reinstalled:

Now you're in the home stretch, tighten down (by hand) the crush washer, seal, and pressure screw on the power cord side. Screw it in the cord tunnel:

Looking back at the solenoid, look at the 2506 DIn male connector. This is where the 2506 DIN will connect. You will, however, place the provided (white) gasket inbetween the solenoid and the DIN.

See pics:

Now it's time to use the provided screw:

Here is the way it looks:

Once everything is buttoned up, plug it in and listen to that nice click. If you hear the click, you're good to go!

Here are the specs on the DIN plastic bag for wiring:

Great job nice pic's an info, Thanks , I will be getting mine at the end of this month can't wait!!

Thanks, inkslinger--

I hope this helps calm peoples' nerves...it's really not that hard. The hardest part for me was trimming the power cord to the proper length. I cut about an inch or an inch and a half off, which left me about 1/2" to restrip. I just used wire cutters and a razor blade to restrip the wires...

Tools needed:

tiny flat head screwdriver (to pry the circuit board up and undo the wire connection screws)
    wire cutter and razor blade or wire stripper tool (either will work to take off the excess on the power cord).