Thread: Painting PVC with Krylon Fusion

Painting PVC with Krylon Fusion

Krylon Fusion Paint is what everyone uses for the aquarium. I use it on my intake , I spray it on my pvc after I sand it a little an gave it a couple of coats and let it dry for a couple of weeks. But when it was put in water I notice it had tiny little pin bubbles all over it ? Should I have use a primer first or do I have to use a sealer after it sets, It look nice when I got done painting it the first time .

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/di...on-fuzion.html

Smile Vinegar?

Hi,

I have never used primer, though I do thoroughly clean PVC, the only thing I can think is that you did not get all of the debris from sanding.

A little distilled white vinegar and water works for me.

Biollante
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.

• I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

Will I finish painting it's now to let it curl for a couple of days before putting it in the water.

Attached Images Attached Images