I have no way to keep my Nerite snails. I kept 2 of them for about 5 months. Than, I lost two in the same day. I first thought it was my 50% first water change as they died 2 days later. Than, I also saw I have a CO2 problem (CO2 test on yellow) and also figured my GH was too low (that is GH 3)
I increased the GH now to 7, my CO2 is well dosed, and I introduced a new pair of those lovely snails. I made my water change before I acclimate them. And yes, I acclimated them, even if I never did with snails.
48h later, they stopped moving, and now they're dead.
Anyone can help me understand why I can't keep them anymore? PH is near 6.6-6.8 I think, NO3 is kept near 10ppm, of course no NO2. My aquarium is doing very well, and my fish too (no diseases or deaths since more than 6 months)
Could it be the low PH? My Tateurndina Ocellicauda that all the time try to eat their extremities? Having no algae in aquarium (but shouldn't explain a death in 48h)? I really like those snails and would like to keep them, or at least understand why, suddenly, they began to die my aquarium.
Many thnaks for any one sharing such an expierience