The UKAPS's focus is the promotion of the aquatic plant aquarium hobby specifically inside the UK.
Some useful informational threads to start:
1.Where to get CO2 regulators, Needle valves, gas tanks, tubing and refills
2. How to raise money for any cost and group buys (plant sales on line are very effective or sales to the LFS for the plants, plant sales drives from membership once a year or so provides more $ than 15-20$ membership annual dues etc)
3. No membership dues, who can remember to pay them anyhow?
4. Formation of a small 3 person steering committee(democratic liasons between members and funds allocation). One person starts a savings account for depositing of funds(the treasurer).
5. Plant swap(free), once a month in person/twice a month on line(receiver pays shipping cost only)
6. Group buys for fertilizers Trace mixes, KNO3, KH2PO4,plants from Tropica or Oriental aquarium etc.
7. Rotate the location for the meetings, this way every shares in the different distances and folks can meet without having to travel too far every time.
8. Splinter groups, basically small local cores of hobbyists that want to form their own group and do swaps etc may do so and have open house to show off their tanks.
9. This is your club, you make work. It does not cost $.
I can offer the web space here for free. Cost me nothing.
Also, I do not have advertisers here either.
It's open access, all you do is register, it cost nothing.