I have been struggling a bit with my 57 gal. I took an objective look (again) at it today and realized I had very little bio-mass. So I did the following:
1. Removed a lot of the ET for now to make room.
2. Gave the rocks an excel bath.
3. Added approx. 4-5 litres (.5 bag) of ADA to increase depth esp in the back.
4. Repositioned the rocks.
5. Added the following plants:
Limnophila aromatica (a fave)
So, the cards like it a lot better and are much more visible. The stems are all rapid growers and should do well.
I cleaned the light cover lens: 117 micromoles at surface and a nice average of no less than 50 at substrate using all 4 tubes.
Waiting for it to clear now I will do small 40% daily w/c for next 2 weeks for the new ADA just to be safe.
Looks much better. I had very little plant mass and no real rapid growers. Things should improve from here.