Thread: Where do I get the parts I need?

Where do I get the parts I need?

I've been busy getting parts for my son's aquarium. So far I purchased everything locally. I picked up a brand new 60p, stand, and led lights for $200. I also came across a deal for two CO2 tanks and regulator. The cost for a 10 lb. Aluminum tank, a 5 lb. Aluminum tank and a regulator was for $100 total.

The regulator needs the high pressure gauge and the low pressure gauge. It also needs a needle valve. I will get the ideal needle valve but I'm stuck on size and I don't know where to order the gauges from. Here are the pics of the regulator, nothing fancy but it works. Any help is appreciated:

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    Ronald Reagan

That's an old cornelius regulator and the male end is broken off in the solenoid.
    You might be able to wedge a bit in the ineer part and back that out to add a check valve or /and a needle valve after that.

You'd need two pressure gauges etc also.

This thing is more trouble than it is worth literally, you can get these reg's for 20-30$ and then the solenoid for 30-40$.

Thanks Tom, I guess that's why it was free.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    Ronald Reagan

The high pressure ports on that are likely to be left hand threads. I've seen replacement gauges for it on eBay for relativity cheap. An easy-out will take care of that fitting stuck in the solenoid. It's not broke, it's just a Clippard reducer...

I'd just save the solenoid and ditch the reg like Tom eluded too. You'll be able to find a good regulator for the cost of the replacement gauges.

Any suggestions? I'm really trying to keep from spending too much on anything. What is the brass part called so I can replace it.

Never mind, I found the piece I was looking for.
    Last edited by dantra; 01-09-2013 at 05:46 PM.
    Ronald Reagan

Your cheapest bet for things like solenoids, regulators, etc would be eBay, though research will have to be done to see what parts will/will not work.

Alternatively, you can buy parts brand new. As Tom mentioned, the regulator might be $30 (usually when it goes on sale), and Burkert solenoids are usually about $40.

7. $200 for all that ADA stuff? What a steal! You Sir drive a hard bargain :-)

Gm
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2