Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Review of ADA Pollen Glass Type-3 20th Anniversary Edition

1. Antbug is 100% correct, the h2o2 is magic, I do it once a month

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys!

I use to simply pull the diffuser out and set the whole thing still attached and running with CO2, in a cup and then added/sprayed good with Tilex.
    Wait 10-15 min, then rinse 3-5x real good, then soak for 10 min in dechlorinator and water, no smell? Then I return it back to action.

I dip the glass tube on the diffuser in tank water, then work the silicone tubing while gripping it with a paper towel. Works everytime.
    Before using the ADA diffuser for the first time, soak it in bleach for 15 minutes. Then shake out the bleach from inside the unit, rinse with water, and inject prime in the unit. Swish the prime inside the unit, then shake it out (let gravity do the work). Then rinse again. Try not to touch the ceramic disk (this can damage the surface).

The ADA diffusers are about the best you can get when it comes to ceramic disk - style diffusers. They are more durable than the high pressure atomic-style diffusers, imo. No problem providing a 55 Long (48"x13") or smaller with enough CO2.
    Last edited by Matt F.; 01-17-2013 at 09:22 AM.

Yea Matt i think i read your post somewhere before. It helped but it still didn't get it far enough down. The hot water + paper towel + No fear of breaking it anymore has proven the most effective.

That's why I wiggle the whole diffuser inside of the silicone tube to work it on the stem. I'm able to get the silicone tube on the stem > 1" this way w/o breaking the unit. I've found other ways to break diffusers! LoL

Keeping the unit attached to the tubing and spraying H2O2, or glutaraldehyde on the disk seems to work as well. Let it sit for a while, then plop it back down into the tank. This reduced the risk of breakage.

Quote Originally Posted by puopg View Post
    Yea Matt i think i read your post somewhere before. It helped but it still didn't get it far enough down. The hot water + paper towel + No fear of breaking it anymore has proven the most effective.