All else the same, would it make a difference if I swap out the whole house filter for a long length of PVC? My sump is in the basement and I could easily mount a 4"x40" section horizontally above the sump. Would this work?
Alright. I'm going to get some prices for clear pvc. I like the whole house filter but my setup just lends itself to a longer, horizontally mounted piece. Would you add anything in the pipe, like a couple down facing capped Ts to allow for more dwell time? I imagine it probably wouldn't matter. It's already going to be getting chopped up by the Mag 5 Venturi, going through ~10' or 1" pvc and 4' of 4" pvc throught the Blowhole 2700 and up ~14' of head height.All else the same, would it make a difference if I swap out the whole house filter for a long length of PVC? My sump is in the basement and I could easily mount a 4"x40" section horizontally above the sump. Would this work?
Yo Gerry, if I do not use a needle wheel, is there another way to prevent the buildup of CO2?
I know that Tom had asked if I experienced this and do not.... I think using another type of diffusor may cause some buildup. Not sure how to fix this though....
Does it occur late in the c02 period when it has a chance to buildup? Or does it occur immediately?
I saw you PM btw but will answer here instead
So i just installed this unit 2 days ago. The flow is: Surface Skimmer -> eheim 2213 -> Co2 injection via Tee -> Reactor -> Tank.
I noticed gas buildup after the CO2 day yesterday so i purged the reactor. This morning when i woke up, i checked again and albeit less, there was still some gas buildup. I am wondering if the surface skimmer is drawing in oxygen that gets trapped in the eheim then passes to the reactor. I know CO2 dissolves pretty readily in water and since i didn't run CO2 overnight, i don't think that gas is CO2.
Yesterday I 'built' a large dwell time unit for the OUTPUT of my NW pump which is a rio 1100 with a simple DIY needle wheel.
1. One large 4x20" clear water filter housing. Thing is huge The 'big blue' model from Bulk Reef Supply.
2. One section of 1.25 od x 1.00 id flex tubing just a bit shorter than the housing itself. Home Depot.
3. 2 x 1" x 5/8 barb fittings. Home Depot and lfs.
Remember that the OUTPUT of the NW flow goes to the OUT port on the reactor so it flows down the counter current tube. This will then flow upwards and OUT the INLET port on the reactor. Not all are this way but the 2 I built so far are.
Took me 2 seconds to cut the flex hose to size. This is the counter current tube. It simply fits snugly into the underside of the cap. You will see where it goes Took 2 minutes to teflon tape and install the hose connections. Took 30 seconds to put the top back on
That's it. Done. I will DIY a brand new rio 1100 tonight and then install it all tomorrow on my 220. I will let you know how it does..
I will create some video to show all the components, the nw impeller, etc.
Then the 'install' lol
I used the smaller cerges I built on my 57 with a diy nw yesterday and that seems to be working well. So, the smaller unit is still put to use...