- I am planning to rescape my 180g with a low-light low-maintenance in mind. My 2-units of MH are 150W each and hung about 19 inches from the water level. Photoperiod will be 8 hours.
- Plant species that I have in mind are only these: Bolbitis, Java Ferns, Mini Java ferns and Christmas Moss. They will be secured onto driftwood and rocks. No plants will be planted in ADA AS.
- The tank will be equipped with pressurized CO2 and will have 2 ceramic diffusors. I have 2 units of Eheim 2228 and supplemented by 2 wave makers.
- Water is soft here and I will be adding Calcium Sulphate and Magnesium Sulphate. I also have KNO3, KH2PO4 and CSM+B
I am fairly ok with calculating EI requirements for high light tank but am very uncertain about this low light low maintenance tank. Question:
- Shud I hang the lights higher ?
- How much (teaspoon) CaSO4 and MgSO4 should I add ?
- How many teaspoon KNO3, KH2PO4 and CSM+B should I add ?
- Do I dose them 3 times a week or less ?
Appreciate your thoughts. TIA.