Our UKAPS banner, what do you think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our UKAPS banner, what do you think?

Let me know what you think or post your banner ideas here.

Regards,
    Graeme.
    Attached Files
    "SHAKKIE" is a technique of borrowing nature's creation and incorporating it into a miniature representation.

Erm, dont want to sound harsh but they are pretty basic but not effective in my opinion. If you want a hand designing something then let me know.

Comment

Ah right, fair enough. Perhaps you can put something up here that you have designd.

Graeme.
      "SHAKKIE" is a technique of borrowing nature's creation and incorporating it into a miniature representation.

Comment

Yeah sure, I'll have a bash when I get a few spare moments.

Don't get me wrong, i think they have the makings of a good logo, its jut lacking that little bit of impact. I would suggest we concentrate more on the text side of the logo so that when people see it they instantly know what organisation it is.

for example, take LG, their logo is very distinctive and you'd know who it was without much guessing. Once we have this we can embed that into a similar style banner where its almost blended into an aquascape.

Comment

great effort moody, much better than anything i could produce but i do agree it's good but not quite there.

well done for getting the ball rolling though, it would be great to identify ourselves with a logo/banner.

how about using some real tank pics for the arty bit with the wording over the top. kind of like the pfk banner with georges nano.

my photobucket account has about 400 pics in it so if anyone wants to use any of those feel free.

jimbooo - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Comment

Be good to get the banner in some other websites as well, when its done I will certainly add it to mine

Comment

Just and idea ..................

If the artistic amongst you are designing banners, how about some sort of
              poster/flyer (A4 or A5 size).

This could be produced in a downloadable / printable format (MS word or PDF etc) and see if people can get their local LFS to display it in store.

That may help to spread the word to those who spend less time on the internet/forums and may also get some of the local stockists interested in planted tanks.

Al

Comment

Maybe something small could be created to put in people's signatures etc. I sell stuff on ebay, maybe something small could be used on there too

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post

This could be produced in a downloadable / printable format (MS word or PDF etc) and see if people can get their local LFS to display it in store.

That may help to spread the word to those who spend less time on the internet/forums and may also get some of the local stockists interested in planted tanks.

Al
                  That Al is an inspired idea!

Comment

yeh good idea
                    ill give it a go sometime
                    moodys is nice though! good job

Comment

ill give this a try now

can people post pictures of the tank please/links (the bigger the better)

chris

Comment

had a try

from this

pfk5.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

to this

opinions and suggestions very welcome

by the way i still need to add text i was thinking about the top right corner or maybe the top left at it might look to busy top left? where do you think?

chris
                        i have the picture saved as 1500x378 pixels is this big enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr G View Post

Al

Great Idea

I don't mind printing off a few and taking them to my LFS's

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            Be good to get the banner in some other websites as well, when its done I will certainly add it to mine

Why not add the site to Main Page - The Aquarium Wiki ?

Just type in the name of the group and create a page.

You can add images and details to the page.

Then add categorys for the UK.
                            We have other UK societies or clubs on the site.

ie
                            Category:Societies (UK - The Aquarium Wiki)
                            Stuart Halliday

The Aquarium Wiki Encyclopaedia
                            Best resource on the Planet.

Comment

Originally posted by chr15_8 View Post
                              had a try

from this

pfk5.jpg - Image - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

to this

opinions and suggestions very welcome

by the way i still need to add text i was thinking about the top right corner or maybe the top left at it might look to busy top left? where do you think?

chris
                              i have the picture saved as 1500x378 pixels is this big enough?

Hi Chris,

looks good but i am a little confused as i dont have any galaxy's in my tank so you must have added them however they are only just noticable on the left margin. prehaps move them more centrally in the open space. glad the pics were of use.

Comment

Working...
                              X