Proposed meeting @ George's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed meeting @ George's

Frankly I'm amazed, but I timed it well and my wonderful wife has agreed to allow a meeting at my place.

I propose an informal gathering of around a dozen or so folk where we can talk plants, swap stuff etc.

It will obviously be a social event too, so I'm up for doing a big BBQ with plenty of food and drinks etc. Hopefully the British weather will do us proud....

More details to follow....

Any feedback or ideas more than welcome.
    Last edited by George Farmer; 01-25-2008, 08:54 PM.
    Regards,
    George

Hi George good on the wife, But im afraid i cant make that weekend because some friends of mine are holding a memorial fishing match in memory of my son Ben and to raise money for macmillan cancer nurses my wife and i feel we should show our faces in support, i will keep looking in incase there is a change of date and i hope the weekend is a success. regards John.
    Last edited by john starkey; 04-12-2007, 06:48 PM.

Comment

id love to go, will see how funds are closer to the time as its quite a way from dorset.
      Flora

The only things that happen in an aquarium quickly, are BAD

--------------------------
      235 litre
      EI ferts with 2w/g T8 and T5
      CO2 Pressurised system with Rhynox 5000
      --------------------------

http://www.ukaps.org/images/Signiture1.gif

Download the very useful Nutri-Calc v1.9 EI Dosing Calculator by Quenton

Comment

Sounds good and would love to come. Won't know till nearer the time if I'm able to go as we often go away bank holiday weekends.

James
        My Planted Tank Web Page

Comment

I'll say a tentative YES
          Confirm a bit nearer the time.
          It's only an 1 hour jaunt down the A1 from Donny
          Brian.

515L tank running on a 90L sump, CO2, 3 70w 5200k MHs, Aqua Medic Volcanit substrate, EI ferts
          Juwel Trigon 190L corner tank, Dennerle Deponit substrate, 70w 5200k MH, planted, CO2 & EI ferts.
          45L & 70L tanks, non- CO2, EI 'light' using Excel

Comment

I shall do my best to be there. Its two weeks before the wedding, so we shall see a little closer the time.

Graeme.
            "SHAKKIE" is a technique of borrowing nature's creation and incorporating it into a miniature representation.

Comment

Well thats just bl**dy typical! you choose a date two weeks after I move to Wales! so my 50 min jaunt to your house will then be around 4 hours I will do my best though mate, solidarity between Liz's finest and all that

Comment

I'll be there if your ok with that George. I wont know until a month or so as i'll have to ensure i'm not working.

Comment

I`d love to go, but I have to wash my Hairgrass that night.

Actually, miracle of miracles I am off work that day so I can make it. I could show everybody my war medals I earnt whilst serving in Her Majesty`s Finest.

Comment

tentative yes from me too. saturdays are generally fine as the misses works! be great to meet up i'll confirm closer to the time but cant see it clashing with anything. Thanks George for getting the ball rolling.

Comment

Thats a good one Dave I got 'you geek' looks from both my GF and sister, but I dont care! LOL

Can you count me in George, I'll probably not be doing much that wkd.

Sam

Comment

EDIT - I cant seem to work this forum out! :S

Comment

If there's space George I'd love to crack a few beers round a bbq with you all. And it's a nice drive from Nottingham! Be great to meet and chat with everyone.
                          Ed

Comment

i dont know how you would feel about a 17yr old coming but i might be able to

Comment

Firstly a quick explanation for my lack of activity on here...

I've just moved house, moved job location, have been away from home on courses and have only just sorted internet connection.

Anyway, the meet is still on for the 25th Aug (bank holiday weekend).

For those that are serious about attending, please e-mail george.farmer@ukaps.org

I'm limiting guests to around 10 or so. I already have PFK technical writer, Jeremy Gay attending. He's a great guy and has some fascinating stories about the industry.
                              Regards,
                              George

Comment

Working...
                              X