Sacramento Local Fish Stores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento Local Fish Stores

I have been trying to locate all of the aquatic plant friendly local fish stores now in business. So far I have 5 on the list:
    Capitol Aquarium - 1920 29th Street - features huge selection of fresh water fish.
    Exotic Aquarium - 6643 Franklin Blvd - large store, friendly staff, good plant selection
    Jo Jo Aquarium - 6171 Stockton Blvd. - Not a large store, but enthusiastic planted tank people, with very nice looking plants for sale, stocks Excel in small size, has Flourite black, will stock Christmas moss and other mosses.
    Fish Planet - 2100 Arden Way - Big, interesting store, but little interest in planted tanks, no Seachem flourish products
    Aqua Workz - 8125 Belvedere Ave - potentiallly great store, has huge selection of tanks of all sizes

Because finding these stores is always a drag for me I made a map showing their locations, all on one sheet. I have it in PDF form if anyone wants it.

Also, if there are other plant friendly stores please let me know.
    Hoppy

Yaughn,

Can you send me that pdf. I haven't been to two of those stores (Jojo, and AquaWorz). I don't know how they slipped past me because when I moved here a year ago I combed the area thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by jfthomas View Post
      Yaughn,

Can you send me that pdf. I haven't been to two of those stores (Jojo, and AquaWorz). I don't know how they slipped past me because when I moved here a year ago I combed the area thoroughly.
      I emailed the PDF to you, since I can't find a way to post it here or attach it to a PM from here.
      Hoppy

Comment

maybe add o street to the list?

Up the hill near me is Lees Feed in Shingle Springs, pretty cool fish and plant selection. So far I prefer lees over any store in Sacramento. I havent yet been to exotic, jojo or aqua workz though. But have been to capitol, o st. and fish planet.

Comment

I haven't visited O street aquarium for several months, and it appears that Aqua Workz is a replacement store for it. I will plant to go to O street, possibly today, to see if that is the case. Shingle Springs is a bit far for me, but if I decide to expand the area covered by my map of stores I will add it.
          Hoppy

Comment

Do you know of any in the Folsom/Roseville/El dorado area? I'd be fine maintaining a list and checking the stores occasionally for this area since its near me. I almost always end up going downtown when I need anything just because I know what I'm going to get.

I've never been to these places, but know they exist (or used to when I last looked them all up)

Aqua Zoo - 1551 Vineyard Rd # A54, Roseville, CA
            Aqua Life Aquarium Services - 4300 Anthony Ct, Rocklin, CA

I have been here tho:

Sunrise Pet Center - 8141 Greenback Ln, Fair Oaks, CA
            - Very small store. No Excel or seachem products. Plant selection very small Equiptment prices were reasonable though.

Comment

raun, currently lees feed is the only fish/aquatic plant store I know of in el dorado county, folsom of course has petco and petsmart. petsmart is putting in another new petsmart on iron point rd. about 1 mile down the road from the other petsmart that is a few years old on east bidwell. maybe they will close the older one since the newer one is visible from the freeway. but dont get your plants from petsmart hehe...

Comment

Originally posted by VaughnH View Post
                I haven't visited O street aquarium for several months, and it appears that Aqua Workz is a replacement store for it. I will plant to go to O street, possibly today, to see if that is the case. Shingle Springs is a bit far for me, but if I decide to expand the area covered by my map of stores I will add it.

i went to o st, capitol and fish planet a couple weeks ago. o st. seemed well stocked and cleaned, they were maintaining the wide plant tanks at the time I visited so didn't really get a chance to check that out. maybe they were taking them down to be moved but It didn't look like it.

Comment

new to this whole thing including this site, does anyone know where i can find either riccia or pellia locally in sacramento, wanting to start a new tank with either. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tycobb View Post
                    new to this whole thing including this site, does anyone know where i can find either riccia or pellia locally in sacramento, wanting to start a new tank with either. thanks
                    I don't know where you will find those in a store, but if you come to the S.A.P.S. meeting next Tuesday night, March 4th at Fish Planet in the Howe about Arden shopping center, one of our members will probably be able to tell you where to find some. One of our members sells a lot of various plants, so may have some to sell.
                    Hoppy

Comment

I have some if you want the weed.

Regards,
                      Tom Barr
                      www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Tom, are you pushing weed these days too?

Don't even dignify that with a response.
                        Last edited by swylie; 02-27-2008, 04:35 PM.

Comment

thanks, i m will try to make it out and say hi, do you guys meet regularly if i can't make it next week, thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by tycobb View Post
                            thanks, i m will try to make it out and say hi, do you guys meet regularly if i can't make it next week, thanks in advance
                            We meet the first tuesday of every months, usually at Fish Planet, but as the weather warms up we may do more "field trips". See: sacaquaticplant : Sacramento Aquatic Plant Society for the most up to date information, and join to get on our email list.
                            Hoppy

Comment

another question for you guys from the newbie. is there anywhere locally to get SAE's I've been reading about how it's hard to find the real one's and be able to tell them apart from flying foxes. I would like to have at least one in case a breakout occurs in the tank. Or what do you guys recommend for algae eating fish or shrimp?

Comment

Working...
                              X