X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dennis Singh View Post
    So here I'd say I have "good co2" higher > lower

Do u think so? Judging by the looks of the plants what is seen

I see a bunch of syn thriving, others are growing not as nearly as fast, lots of stunting

Loook closely
    sunset stunting, obvious
    limnophila stunting
    rotala same
    cuphea same
    ludwigia red nothing but ludwigia red stunts when theres just a change in water chem, no matter what it stunts, then comes back up, so this plant is irrelevant
    pantanal? this is your plant, color does not matter, seem enough co2 to get that type of structure?

This suggest two things to me
    Either syngonanthus are higher tolerant of co2, rest co2 was too high
    Or things weren't supplemented enough to provide the plant

but look at erios too, good and well

closer to the surface BARR all these stunted stems tips are

Tell me what does this tell u?
    see pics and comments below
    fts, not tell shit

stunt, look closely and all the plants i described above, if you see em all, then you can decently observe

more towards the center

left side
    =same amount par right side

stunting limnophila belem

high tolerant co2 plants

foreground, lower co2 etc
    no stunting in goias
    erios in good health, co2 is there

Your plants look good Dennis, I see just minor stunting. Can I ask you how much dose of macros and micros?

You know, I have blamed high Co2 for years seeing plants in my tank like AR or simple Java moss not growing, and then was just because I was dosing too much traces... Just to say, sometimes you may just blame the wrong thing, it can really be that simple.

In my experience and knowledge by reading a lot about it, Co2 is a damn beast to control correctly in our tanks. It seems easy, but it I not. Tom is right saying that Co2 is the most difficult part to master. In my experience, there are too many variables that can screw up Co2. That may be dissolution, distribution, degassing, plant mass, water movement, flow, flow direction, diffusion, timing, duration, pressure, needle valve, and more.

In in my case, I have almost rule out Co2 by giving it maximum dissolution (I.e. No bubbles in the tank), 1.4 pH drop, consistency throughout the week and decent distribution in the tank. Also, plants are positioned in a way to have the chance to get Co2 wherever they are... Flow direction in my opinion is very important, you could inundate some plants of Co2 in an area whereas other plants could get 10 times less of it just a few inches away from that area... To many variables, for sure it is hard, but I don't think too much Co2 can cause harm in plants. If you consider how much more Co2 there is outside the tank, in the air, you should then be afraid if aquatic plants get out of water and start growing emersed... Surprisingly, they grow much, much better.

Comment

• fablau
      Wow, look at you buddy upping your game. Very good information you gave there. I do agree co2 is the hardest part to master.
      Shine old man shine.

So would you say a tad bit more would've cured the stunting in my plants shown?

Eat, sleep, breath PLANTS!
      -D. Singh

Comment

fablau
        Wow, look at you buddy upping your game. Very good information you gave there. I do agree co2 is the hardest part to master.
        Shine old man shine.

So would you say a tad bit more would've cured the stunting in my plants shown?
        I don't know what's causing your stunting, but I can't think it is due to "too much Co2". First thing comes to my mind is lack of something, that may be a single nutrient or even less Co2 of what other plants in the tank can get in other areas. In other words, the opposite of what you think. You think those plants are stunting because you are giving them too much Co2, instead could be that they are lacking it because of several factors (flow, distribution, degassing, location, plant mass, etc).

I am am still curious to know your dosing regime though. Thanks for sharing

Comment

• Originally posted by fablau View Post

I don't know what's causing your stunting, but I can't think it is due to "too much Co2". First thing comes to my mind is lack of something, that may be a single nutrient or even less Co2 of what other plants in the tank can get in other areas. In other words, the opposite of what you think. You think those plants are stunting because you are giving them too much Co2, instead could be that they are lacking it because of several factors (flow, distribution, degassing, location, plant mass, etc).

I am am still curious to know your dosing regime though. Thanks for sharing
          oh my bad, until november 2016, i was dosing ei liquid fert through colin according to instructions. I went pps pro then, and now I am on to overdosing.

So back then normal ei levels, i don't know i think before the calc change to cut traces in half, i still do not get that...

Eat, sleep, breath PLANTS!
          -D. Singh

Comment

oh my bad, until november 2016, i was dosing ei liquid fert through colin according to instructions. I went pps pro then, and now I am on to overdosing.

So back then normal ei levels, i don't know i think before the calc change to cut traces in half, i still do not get that...
            Well, if you are not sure what you are dosing, that could be it. Find out how much you are dosing because you could either need to dose something more or something less. Your stunting could be due just to something lacking or in excess in your dosing,

Comment

• Moving right along...

Species overload!

Between impulse buying, and my friends (you know who you are) , and winning a sweet RAOK last week including 20 red downoi, got about 11 new species in the past week! Gonna just grow everything out for a few weeks and decide what makes the final cut.
              Hyptis lorentziana, Rotala mac mini type 4, red Downoi, Limno aromatica 'mini', Rotala colorata

Hyptis and the rotala have only been planted a couple days.

Behind those is Limno aromatica 'mini'. I dont think that's a real ID, not sure what the proper name is. So far the tops are turning sorta yellow

Pantanal still sucks but it's hanging on. Barring a dramatic improvement over the next couple weeks this plant is likely to get tossed, tired of screwing around with it.

Rotala colorata is quickly turning into a nice one. Look for a big group of these somewhere.

The red downoi needs some loving. A little new growth just starting to come in with the purple sheen, interested to see what it becomes

Last edited by burr740; Yesterday, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Pogo kimberly is full of new side shoots where I cut the bad tops off, like nothing ever happened.

Di[plidis diandra is looking pretty good lately. A bunch of this going across the back somewhere would look sweet I think

Comment

• The plan with ferts is to just inch micros/Fe up gradually over the next few weeks. Im in no rush to shake things up too bad or surge towards higher levels. Just gonna take it slow for a while and see if a little more is better.

I dont expect to really need more than maybe double what Im doing now, but we'll see.

Comment

• Looking great Burr! What a variety! Wow!

Ok, so, increasing micros little by little, but do you also plant to increase P as you mentioned earlier?

Comment

• Originally posted by fablau View Post
                      Looking great Burr! What a variety! Wow!

Ok, so, increasing micros little by little, but do you also plant to increase P as you mentioned earlier?
                      P has been at 1 ppm 3x for about a week, gonna leave it there for a while and see, might do 1.2 after two or three weeks, month or so

Comment

• Originally posted by burr740 View Post

P has been at 1 ppm 3x for about a week, gonna leave it there for a while and see, might do 1.2 after two or three weeks, month or so
                        Ok makes sense, I will follow with attention

Comment

Working...
                        X