Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copper piping in house issue or cause of death of shrimps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    you have some aurora blue!? where were you able to find those? I have only seen pictures...

    Comment


    • #17
      Should say on back of bottle that Prime detoxify's heavy metals.
      Or you could google product info.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by ShadowMac View Post
        you have some aurora blue!? where were you able to find those? I have only seen pictures...
        I found it at my LFS last week. The price was not too bad but thats in Singapore :-p I saw what you folks in US usually pay for most inverts and fishes and I am glad I live here.....

        Here are some lousy pics from my iphone.




        Comment


        • #19
          For some reasons it did not say it detoxify heavy metals on my bottle. It does say that it does that it does on their website.

          Originally posted by 1077 View Post
          Should say on back of bottle that Prime detoxify's heavy metals.
          Or you could google product info.

          Comment


          • #20
            There are some that says that Prime kills Inverts!?! I could not fine anything on Seachem that says it does or does not. I know of many folks that use Prime with no problems on their CRS/RCS but there are some in the forums I visit that say that Prime was the "prime" suspect that killed their invertms

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by oliverpool View Post
              There are some that says that Prime kills Inverts!?! I could not fine anything on Seachem that says it does or does not. I know of many folks that use Prime with no problems on their CRS/RCS but there are some in the forums I visit that say that Prime was the "prime" suspect that killed their invertms
              As with alot of thing people jump to conclusions "I added solution X and the shrimp died? Then solution X must be the cause!" In general in turns out people don't even bother to rule out other factors, just jump on the bandwagon and before you know it alot of people will claim it to be true and thus myth's are born. I don't want to generalize all shrimp lovers, but alot of the die-hard breeder scene over here tends to think ferts are the devil, when I present them my tank with breeding shrimp they write me off as a lucky guy and something is bound to go wrong sooner or later. Yet I've succesfully kept shrimp in high fert tanks for several years now.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Hallen View Post
                As with alot of thing people jump to conclusions "I added solution X and the shrimp died? Then solution X must be the cause!" In general in turns out people don't even bother to rule out other factors, just jump on the bandwagon and before you know it alot of people will claim it to be true and thus myth's are born. I don't want to generalize all shrimp lovers, but alot of the die-hard breeder scene over here tends to think ferts are the devil, when I present them my tank with breeding shrimp they write me off as a lucky guy and something is bound to go wrong sooner or later. Yet I've succesfully kept shrimp in high fert tanks for several years now.
                Absolutely! correlation does not infer causation.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Have had no issues with PRIME in shrimp tank.
                  Also did not mean to infer cause of problem in my tank was use of CSM+B which contain's more copper than the trace I was using previously, but I also would not knowingly (In my tank),, use product with more copper which consensus seems to be is harmful to inverts, if same result's can be achieved with product containing less.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X