Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.5" Pleco and RCS

Hi,

Will my rcs be safe with a small one 1 1/2 2.5" Pleco ? I don't know what kind of Pleco he/she is but, will not grow bigger.
    Last edited by barbarossa4122; 02-05-2011, 03:58 PM.
    "Ich Hatte Einen Kameraden"

"In the Shadow of Hermes"

Pleco? 2 inch or 48 inch Fish?

Hi barbarrossa4122,

“Pleco” covers a lot of territory, can you narrow it down abit?

Biollante
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
    • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

Hypostomus plecostomus, Common Plecostomus Fish, Not So Good

Hi barbarrossa4122,

If the “Pleco” is Ancistrus spp, you are okay; they are quite harmless lovable vegetarians, Ancistrus spp. (who when properly fed do not eat healthy Echinodorus spp. no matter what Gerry’s book says).

If it is a Ancistrus spp. sexing is easy. http://aqualandpetsplus.com/Catfish,...ristlenose.htm is a decent article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancistrus

Biollante
      Last edited by Biollante; 02-05-2011, 08:42 PM. Reason: Forgot image.
      The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
      • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
      • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
      • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

Hi Bio,

Lol, nice pleco Bio.
        Well, I don't know what kind of pleco he/she is but, only grew 1" in more than a year. He/she is hiding inside the home my wife made for him and only comes out at night to nip on my plants. I had one that grew like 5" in 6 months and my wife took it back to the LFS. LFS, found a home for him the next day.

Comment

Double post, sorry.

Comment

I doubt any plecos could munch enough to stop the Roach like breeding of RCS.
            I wish they could.

Even my dwarf cichlids do a poor enough job to support 100's of CRS.
            Plecos have even less chance.
            www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Hi,

My wife has found out what kind pleco we have........Panaque maccus "Clown Pleco"

Comment

Thanks Tom.

Comment

Hi,

If the “Pleco” is Ancistrus spp, you are okay; they are quite harmless lovable vegetarians, Ancistrus spp. (who when properly fed do not eat healthy Echinodorus spp. no matter what Gerry’s book says).
                  I see you also qualify your statement with the (who when properly fed) comment

Is that you holding that big fish?

BTW, I still haven't finished my 'book', so edits and corrections are always possible lol

Barbarossa,

That is an attractive fish..
                  Thanks,

Gerry.

'When something's not right, it's wrong'. Bob Dylan

Current 220 scape

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...3219-220-video

Comment

Thanks Gerry. We love him. My wife is redoing the 30g tank and she found a bigger "cave" for him/her. I'll post some pics when she's done.
                    (I need Dwarf Hair Grass real bad )

Comment

Working...
                    X