Bug ID

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug ID

Can anyone identify this creature? There are quite a few in my DSM tank, mainly in my bowl of water.

Magic In The Air

Hi,

I probably should know what bug that is, but do not off hand. I just recognize it as harmless, fish food. As you are noticing with your dry start, life is everywhere.

If it has been very cold and the place has been closed up, I recommend all having the ductwork, carpets, upholstery and so on cleaned.

Otherwise it is just stuff in the wind and if you are new to Colorado, you are about to learn about wind.

Even this time of year, sour dough bread works. Even this time of year a little de-chlorinated water in a bowl and a clean piece of lettuce in it will produce food for rotifers, copepods and fry.

It is magic!

Biollante
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
    • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

I had those too with some spiders nothing to worry about.

Comment

You know the cotton gauze over the camera's lens makes the bug look years younger. I can hardly recognize it. You might try and find it at this site. http://www.whatsthatbug.com/
        :encouragement: Roll You're Own: Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
        Mixed with a sound of water's murmuring
        a sensitive plant in a garden growing.

Comment

Working...
        X