Interbreeding between ghost & Red Cherry Shrimp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interbreeding between ghost & Red Cherry Shrimp

Hi, I currently have a 90g planted tank, non-co2 & EI dosing. I started off with 10 ghost shrimp last year & they have been breeding like crazy.

I have finally been able to locate some Red cherry shrimp & would like to start breeding them (they cost about $5 each from private breeders & $35 from the LFS).

My questions are:

If I put them in my 90g tank will they interbreed with my ghost shrimp or do I need to use another tank?

Can I safely assume that since the ghost shrimp are doing great, that my tank conditions will also suit the RCS?

Cheers

Interbreeding between ghost & Red Cherry Shrimps

Hi, in my experience of having both these in the same tank, they do inter breed.

The tank conditions should suit the RCS since the Ghost Shrimps are doing well.

Only my opinion, could be wrong.
    Shreyas Kumar M
    Bangalore, India
    +91 98807 26770

Comment

Be careful, ghost shrimp can prey on smaller or just molted red cherry shrimp. Here is a video of them doing it to yellow shrimp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG5tpGMzcxI
      Last edited by firstblue; 07-14-2012, 02:30 AM.

Comment

Wow 35$ at your lfs? What town is that in? We should open up shop there! People here complain about fancy shrimp in the 5 to 8 $ range.

Henry tomassini
        www.theplantedaquariumstore.com
        Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Working...
        X