amano shrimp bummer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• amano shrimp bummer

One of my amano shrimp was acting strange, zooming around everywhere, during a water change today. I looked closely and saw that she was spreading what looked like thousands of little babies everywhere. These things looked like little miniscule tadpoles -- much smaller than fish fry. I'm bummed because they don't stand a chance in my tank ... my fish and my filters are going to do them all in.

I read up on raising amano shrimp fry -- sounds like it's really tough to keep them alive. Next time, I think I'll put some in a little outdoor pond that I have (assuming I don't have fish in it) ... maybe nature will do a better job of raising them.

Edit: Did some more resarch...turns out the amano larvae need salt water.

Edit #2: All of the amano larvae were indeed gone this morning when I woke up.
    Last edited by tedr108; 06-15-2008, 05:33 PM.
    Regards,
    Ted

the shrimp would proboaly survive in the filter, i found 6 RCS in my sponges after 1month of not cleaning it and i only noticed because one nearly went down the sink!
    Thanks, Aaron

Comment

Aaron,

I'll check my filter sponges for shrimp from now on when I clean them -- usually find quite a few snails in there, but never thougth to check for shrimp.
      Regards,
      Ted

Comment

Working...
      X