Buying Cherry Shrimp in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Cherry Shrimp in the UK

Does anyone know where I can buy Cherry Shrimp in the UK (either in the Kent area or from good mail order/internet company)?

I brought mine from Dartford Aquatics. They didn't hold them in stock but got them for me fairly quick.

James
    My Planted Tank Web Page

Comment

Ebay. There's an auction ending on Sunday, which I am watching for myself (but they have more than 1 lot), for 10 cherrys.

Comment

Yeah I think ebay might be the way to go, will check with my LFS to see if they can get any in. Tank is no where near cycled yet so was not looking to get them yet.

Comment

Wouldn't it be better waiting until you have a mature, instead of just cycled, tank?

Whilst i have no experience of shrimp (subject to the auction on Sunday ), I understood that in general most were quite sensitive to water quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Barney View Post
            Does anyone know where I can buy Cherry Shrimp in the UK (either in the Kent area or from good mail order/internet company)?
            Snail Shop

Very good invert supplier online.

If you get baby shrimp (the most common supplied online) then expect to dump 10 in and not see them for about 6 months! They're tinytinytiny. Make sure you have alot of cover for the little buggers as they're a perfect mouthful for any angels or other predatory types.
            Flora

The only things that happen in an aquarium quickly, are BAD

--------------------------
            235 litre
            EI ferts with 2w/g T8 and T5
            CO2 Pressurised system with Rhynox 5000

http://www.ukaps.org/images/Signiture1.gif

Download the very useful Nutri-Calc v1.9 EI Dosing Calculator by Quenton

Comment

I used amano shrimp in my tank after the third week. Heavily planted tanks don't usually spike too high, and amano and cherry shrimp are more resilient then you think.

My Amano's were alive and well until I flooded my house from the 2nd floor down with a unsupervised toilet flush. One insurance claim, $50,000, 7 poor amano shrimp, and an Oto later I'll have a remodeled home

Apparently drop ceiling tiles and insulation filled water is not good for an aquarium. Open top aquariums are cool looking but. . . . .

All my cherries survived though!

Life Lesson #312: Wait for the toilet to fully flush and stop running before leaving the bathroom and going to sleep.
              Lucas Streit
              Standard 75 Gallon Low Tech
              Standard 75 Gallon High Tech

Comment

Originally posted by Crazymidwesterner View Post

My Amano's were alive and well until I flooded my house from the 2nd floor down with a unsupervised toilet flush. One insurance claim, $50,000, 7 poor amano shrimp, and an Oto later I'll have a remodeled home
                blimey!! thats mental!
                Flora

The only things that happen in an aquarium quickly, are BAD

235 litre
                EI ferts with 2w/g T8 and T5
                CO2 Pressurised system with Rhynox 5000

http://www.ukaps.org/images/Signiture1.gif

Download the very useful Nutri-Calc v1.9 EI Dosing Calculator by Quenton

Comment

I'm not 100% sure what that means but yeah it was a disaster.
                  Lucas Streit
                  Standard 75 Gallon Low Tech
                  Standard 75 Gallon High Tech

Comment

You can get them off a women on the TTF forums for 1 per shrimp, 30 got me 23 with shipping, I am assuming you're the same barney as on there? pm if so and ill pass on her details.

Comment

Working...
                    X