No announcement yet.

Mine shrimp tanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, you have a lot of shrimp. One question: is it true to breed well Crystal shrimp you have to change water a lot? And need hard water? How's your water?

Comment

Originally posted by fablau View Post
      Wow, you have a lot of shrimp. One question: is it true to breed well Crystal shrimp you have to change water a lot? And need hard water? How's your water?
      No need big water changes, for breed them.
      If u do lot of big water changes, you force shrimps to molt, some shrimps maybe die,because they are not ready for molt.
      Water is ro with minerals, 0-1kh and 5-6 gh ...
      Those tanks,are small, 30lt, so i do small water changes every week, just to keep nitrates as lower i can.

Comment

Originally posted by nicpapa View Post

No need big water changes, for breed them.
        If u do lot of big water changes, you force shrimps to molt, some shrimps maybe die,because they are not ready for molt.
        Water is ro with minerals, 0-1kh and 5-6 gh ...
        Those tanks,are small, 30lt, so i do small water changes every week, just to keep nitrates as lower i can.
        You see what people are claim, and they don't know... thanks Nic, that's good to know. I see you use soft water, is that because they breed more? Or water hardness doesn't really matter?

Comment

Originally posted by fablau View Post

You see what people are claim, and they don't know... thanks Nic, that's good to know. I see you use soft water, is that because they breed more? Or water hardness doesn't really matter?
          Those shrimps can stay alive in a litle harder water, they can breed but , the problem is wiht babies...
          In those water parameters u can get the maximum survive of babies.
          Then u play with food.
          water parameters in those tanks are
          ph6.5
          Gh6
          kh0-1
          tds 120
          substrate akadama, no co2 , easy plants.
          nitrates low, if nitrates go high, u can see shrimps not active.,

Comment

Originally posted by nicpapa View Post

Those shrimps can stay alive in a litle harder water, they can breed but , the problem is wiht babies...
            In those water parameters u can get the maximum survive of babies.
            Then u play with food.
            water parameters in those tanks are
            ph6.5
            Gh6
            kh0-1
            tds 120
            substrate akadama, no co2 , easy plants.
            nitrates low, if nitrates go high, u can see shrimps not active.,
            Wow! That you so much Nic for this detailed information! Now I know what to do if I want to try breeding shrimp having better success. I didn't know about nitrates, that's something to remember as well. Thank you!

Comment

Feeding shrimp fresh mulberry leaves.

Comment

This is fantastic Nic! Do you have those plants in your backyard or garden? Where can I find them!!

Comment

Working...
                X