Peacock Gudgeon and co.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peacock Gudgeon and co.

Some extraordinary little fish that can be kept in small aquariums (10gallon);
    I keep mine in a spacious 48 gallons, let them have space
    New Guinea offers some very interesting small fish, I will soon add one or two Borneo suckers to this set-up of mine, also a nice small fish to consider.

The Peacock Gudgeon is a very peaceful and small (5-6cm) fish. I kept mine in a 15 liters acrylic tank before adding them to my 180 liter and they where together with Red Cherry shrimp babys and grown-ups. I didn't notice many missing shrimps. Gudgeons are not very fast swimmers in comparison with shrimps ability to jump-away very fast. Any way as I stated above, I haven't witnessed Gudgeons being able to harm my Dwarf shrimps nor being interested really in eating them. Of course if you intend breeding Dwarf shrimps I wouldn't recommend any fish but only Otos to be kept with small shrimp species. Java Moss helps alot when mixing various small fish and Dwarf Shrimps of course :-)

Great forum Tom and Co.

Kind regards, Dusko.
    Last edited by Dusko; 03-24-2007, 02:09 PM. Reason: extra info
    sigpic

Nice fish! I don't think I've ever seen any of those.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

All three of these are ideal fish.

Placing them only in a larger tank will make the tank look larger also, think about 4 discus in there, at 8" each.

Regards,
      Tom Barr
      www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Barr View Post
        All three of these are ideal fish.

Placing them only in a larger tank will make the tank look larger also, think about 4 discus in there, at 8" each.

Regards,
        Tom Barr
        That was exactly my plan...to have small species so the tank looks bigger and more space for the fish also. I am staying away from "Big fish" in such a small aquarium IMO. And I think I am fully stocked already;
        17 Pseudomugil furcatus - grow to 6cm
        8 Tateurndina ocellicauda - grow to approx 6cm
        2 Otocinclus spp. - grow to 5 cm
        4 Trichopsis pumila - 3 cm
        3 Crossocheilus siamensis - 15cm

I am thinking of adding a few Cory sterbai or Cory julii and Pseudogastromyzon myersi and that is it concerning the fauna.
        Flora is going to expand a bit more instead

sigpic

Comment

Cory panda would be nicer, they are small and stay that way generally.

Regards,

Tom Barr
          www.BarrReport.com

Comment

I keep a group of Corydoras hastatus in a 30g tank with some Vietnamese white clouds and cherry shrimp. Very nice species of dwarf corydoras.

Comment

Working...
            X