Peacock Gudgeon and co.

Dusko

Prolific Poster
Apr 20, 2006
Sweden
Some extraordinary little fish that can be kept in small aquariums (10gallon);
I keep mine in a spacious 48 gallons, let them have space :D
New Guinea offers some very interesting small fish, I will soon add one or two Borneo suckers to this set-up of mine, also a nice small fish to consider.

The Peacock Gudgeon is a very peaceful and small (5-6cm) fish. I kept mine in a 15 liters acrylic tank before adding them to my 180 liter and they where together with Red Cherry shrimp babys and grown-ups. I didn't notice many missing shrimps. Gudgeons are not very fast swimmers in comparison with shrimps ability to jump-away very fast. Any way as I stated above, I haven't witnessed Gudgeons being able to harm my Dwarf shrimps nor being interested really in eating them. Of course if you intend breeding Dwarf shrimps I wouldn't recommend any fish but only Otos to be kept with small shrimp species. Java Moss helps alot when mixing various small fish and Dwarf Shrimps of course :)

ea34cb2f.jpg

ea34cb2c.jpg

ea34ca2e.jpg

Great forum Tom and Co.

Kind regards, Dusko.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
All three of these are ideal fish.

Placing them only in a larger tank will make the tank look larger also, think about 4 discus in there, at 8" each.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Dusko

Prolific Poster
Apr 20, 2006
Sweden
Tom Barr;15421 said:
All three of these are ideal fish.

Placing them only in a larger tank will make the tank look larger also, think about 4 discus in there, at 8" each.

Regards,
Tom Barr

That was exactly my plan...to have small species so the tank looks bigger and more space for the fish also. I am staying away from "Big fish" in such a small aquarium IMO. And I think I am fully stocked already;
17 Pseudomugil furcatus - grow to 6cm
8 Tateurndina ocellicauda - grow to approx 6cm
2 Otocinclus spp. - grow to 5 cm
4 Trichopsis pumila - 3 cm
3 Crossocheilus siamensis - 15cm

I am thinking of adding a few Cory sterbai or Cory julii and Pseudogastromyzon myersi and that is it concerning the fauna.
Flora is going to expand a bit more instead :D

ea331b5f.jpg

ea331b50.jpg

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Cory panda would be nicer, they are small and stay that way generally.

Regards,

Tom Barr

reiverix

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Jan 29, 2005
I keep a group of Corydoras hastatus in a 30g tank with some Vietnamese white clouds and cherry shrimp. Very nice species of dwarf corydoras.