Any One Deal with Rex Griggs?

Addict

Junior Poster
Sep 1, 2010
PA
Well I sure some of you have seen this topic before :D

I ordered a solenoid and ideal need valve September 1st and since then I haven't bothered to check up on this order but after 20 days and no reply what so ever to tell me it's in the works or to get bent, I'm just curious how other peoples transactions went how long should I wait to hear something?

I'm a patient person but this guy can't seem to take 2 minutes to type out and email and let me know he at least got the money and what is going on. Definitely a piece of work :D why offer it for sale if you don't want to deal with people to sell it?

Thanks
Eric

mulm

Junior Poster
Jun 3, 2010
This mirrors my experience exactly. I did eventually get the solenoid...but the wait is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Addict

Junior Poster
Sep 1, 2010
PA
mulm;55809 said:
This mirrors my experience exactly. I did eventually get the solenoid...but the wait is ridiculous and unnecessary.

Great, I filed a dispute with paypal to get my loot back and he hasn't even replied to that. I have to wonder what this guys deal is, this is a simple process not sure why he makes it so hard.

Whiskey

Jun 14, 2010
San Diego, CA
I have ordered ferts from him in the past - his service was within the time he specified on his webpage, and it came with a cool chart to help someone dose them properly. On his webpage he is so direct about the time it takes to make these things, and how long you can expect to wait that it actually comes off as being extraordinarily rude,.. I mean just check out the payment page lol http://www.bestaquariumregulator.com/payment.html .

Your right about one thing,.. he is not great at the customer relations side of business,.. but for me at least he did do exactly what he said he would, and I will be ordering from him again.

Whiskey

Addict

Junior Poster
Sep 1, 2010
PA
Well that sucks and I'm sorry to hear about his troubles but if that is the hold up he needs to at least update this info on his site or reply to an email, it's free to use a pc at the library you know :D

I gave it 22 days and sent one "polite" email after 14 days as not to make him feel like a slave or a business man that may feel they have an obligation when offering a product for sale, all I asked was for him to him to confirm he got my payment and order, if he had he sent me one email to say yes I got it and it is processing all this could have been avoided. I look at it like this sent money 22 days later no response figure he's using it for smoking or beer drinking as he states so refund :D

I even sent a few extra bills for a donation.

jarickc

Junior Poster
Sep 24, 2010
I am having the same problem. His page says he ships 1-2 times a week. I ordered on the 10th of OCT I saw his post the next day about his house on the 11th. So I expected a couple weeks I waited 2 weeks to send an email explaining that i understand he probably has a backlog of orders and just wondering how backed up he was so I would have an idea when to expect it. 5 days have passed and I haven't received any response. I am going to give him some time but he should at least post on his forum where he says he will that he is backed up and give some approximations on delivery.