CO2 Regulator, blown gauge???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Regulator, blown gauge???

Does the gauge on the left look blown? Or is it supposed to be that far below 0?

Thanks,

Ric

It's been my experience (limited) that guages are nonlinear beasts and are calibrated to be most accurate @ 20% (400 psi here) and 80% (1600 psi). If they read accurate at 0 and full scale, well, that's just gravy.

Is that the guage for tank pressure? If no, you need a different guage.

If so, is the tank valve open feeding gas to the reg.? If closed I wouldn't care as long as it seems to read correctly when gas pressure is applied.

Is this a rebuilt or costom built reg? The guages seem to be wrong based on mine. A pic of the other guage would be nice. And a little more info on why you are asking could help.

Gotta go to the plant floor now. Be back when I can.

Pat
    Last edited by pat w; 08-03-2010, 05:56 AM.
    Hard Hat by Day
    Wet, Prunny, (hopefully)Green Thumb by Night

Equipment list:
    See my profile

Flora:
    Polygonum sp 'Sao Paulo'; Hemianthus glomeratus; Ludwigia repens; Starougyne repens 049 Tropica; Cabomba caroliniana; Limnophila aromatica; Heteranthera zosterifolia

Fauna:
    Oto's; SAE's; Red Wag Platies: Gold Mickey Mouse Platies; Neon Tetras

Comment

Is the vane on the guage actually below the stop pin? If so, it looks blown out to me if you're actually feeding gas to it.

-
      S

Comment

Do you also have an empty CO2 cylinder? I'd say that it's blow too. Like shoggoth43 mentioned, the vane shouldn't be below the stop bin.

Comment

Working...
        X