This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideal needle Valve with 1/8" FPT and vernier metering handle

All the right stuff in one valve: 67.50$ + shipping.

http://idealvalve.thomasnet.com/item...-1122?&seo=110

Since the Swagelok is often bought used or surplus and they rarely come with these nice metering handles, this is a good new price direct. A good solenoid and a good Dual stage reg, good tubing, nice Clippard check valve.......these will make all of this easier to slow and progressively adjust the CO2 and avoid any end of tank dumping or other issues.

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    www.BarrReport.com

We can add a few more to the list. The above's sister valve is the brass angle style Vernier handle valve. It's Item # V 52-1-12, 52 Series Forged Brass Needle Valves 1/8" FPT. Please note that the image of the valve doesn't show the Vernier handle, but this is the correct part number. http://idealvalve.thomasnet.com/item...-1136?&seo=110

These are stainless steel versions. 1/8" FPT
    Straight thru Item # V 54-1-11, 54 Series Forged Stainless Needle Valves: http://idealvalve.thomasnet.com/item...=100|1007|1005
    Angle style Item # V 54-1-12, 54 Series Forged Stainless Needle Valves: http://idealvalve.thomasnet.com/item...=100|1007|1005

Straight Thru

Angle Style

Comment

They are much cheaper and better, and already come with the handles than the new Swageloks actually.
      So less part hunting, funky connection issues etc.

Maybe folks can fangle together a used or old stock Swagelok, but that can take time and searching, bidding on ebay etc.
      Best if we can simply call a place up, order it and be done with it.

A good dual reg is the next step, but those are far more common and easier to track down, require few special parts etc.

Regards,
      Tom Barr
      www.BarrReport.com

Comment

how are you getting this price? I check that link and their website don't even work.

Comment

Good old communication, the phone
          If you buy 10 or more........then even a better deal.

These folks are a nice small machine shop in ND, USA.
          Good people to support.

Regards,
          Tom Barr
          www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Barr View Post
            Good old communication, the phone
            If you buy 10 or more........then even a better deal.

These folks are a nice small machine shop in ND, USA.
            Good people to support.

Regards,
            Tom Barr
            Yeah, these valves are hand made...no two are alike. They all work perfectly. Tight clearances and just a joy to use. I may just buy a spare v52-1-12 and a v54-1-12 just to have...they're really beautiful. Bill and his wife are good people.
            Last edited by Matt F.; 10-24-2010, 03:43 AM.

Comment

i got an email from bill, I'm ask him if he can do the same price.

Comment

Originally posted by andyl9063 View Post
                i got an email from bill, I'm ask him if he can do the same price.
                $67.50 doesn't include shipping. Shipping varies.

Comment

yea i know, that would be fine. but his shipping was going to be another $7. So that wouldn't equal $91

Comment

I think I paid $83 for my brass ideal valve. If you think $91 is expensive, try one of the V54-1-12s...LoL

They are a small family-owned machine shop that makes aerospace quality needle valves by hand. I'd gladly pay $91 to support that. You don't find craftsmanship like that very often anymore.

Like I said I might buy a brass one and a stainless one and put them on our mantle as decorations...

They are def worth the price he is charging you. And that's the price you pay for quality, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt F. View Post
                      I think I paid $83 for my brass ideal valve. If you think $91 is expensive, try one of the V54-1-12s...LoL

They are a small family-owned machine shop that makes aerospace quality needle valves by hand. I'd gladly pay $91 to support that. You don't find craftsmanship like that very often anymore.

Like I said I might buy a brass one and a stainless one and put them on our mantle as decorations...

They are def worth the price he is charging you. And that's the price you pay for quality, imo.
                      I agree too.

Regards,
                      Tom Barr
                      www.BarrReport.com

Comment

i understand that. As a buyer, you're always searching for lower price but quality as well. I am in no shape or form trying to low ball them or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by andyl9063 View Post
                          i understand that. As a buyer, you're always searching for lower price but quality as well. I am in no shape or form trying to low ball them or anything.
                          That's true if there is more than one source for these valves, but each one is hand made, so there ins't really a market value for these things...where you have two or three different competitors driving prices down. I'm sure material prices go up and down, too.
                          Plus we are paying for his labor, etc.

I'll tell ya what...if you order your valve tonight, I'll order another more expensive V54-1-12. Although I don't need it, I am totally down to support the cause...lol

Comment

You can even get Bill to chrome plate or nickle plate the brass valves for you. Then the price will be a little more than the brass ones, but cheaper than the stainless steel ones. He chrome plated 10 for me not long ago. They are very nice looking!

Comment

Originally posted by Left C View Post
                              You can even get Bill to chrome plate or nickle plate the brass valves for you. Then the price will be a little more than the brass ones, but cheaper than the stainless steel ones. He chrome plated 10 for me not long ago. They are very nice looking!
                              Dang, maybe I should collect these things. I'll get a v52-1-12, v54-1-12, v52-1-12 (chrome) and a v52-1-12 (nickel)...

wonder which one (chrome or nickel) will be more durable in the long run...I bet they are easy to clean. I bet they look nice though with the "Ideal" logo on them. The stainless valves don't say "Ideal" on them...only the brass ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X