Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anwar is a Victor technician at either a lab or at a high tech factory. I've forgotten which. He had mint condition SGT500's, HPT500's, HPT270's and a few other high purity models for sale. I found him on Craig's list in Michigan and then his friend had them listed for sale on a few saltwater forums. He had them built of us with CO2 fittings and the output was ready for your choice of 1/8" NPT parts.

Comment

• Here's two different ways to build a regulator using chrome and stainless steel parts. The fittings are from Swagelok.

1/4 female NPT regulator

SS-4-RB-2 Reducing Bushing, 1/4 in. Male NPT x 1/8 in. Female NPT Price: $5.74

SS-2-HN Hex Nipple, 1/8 in. Male NPT Price: $4.72

SS-2-E Elbow, 1/8 in. Female NPT Price: $15.99

1/8 female NPT solenoid

1/8 female NPT needle or metering valve

1/8 male NPT check valve

1/8 female NPT JBJ bubble counter

$5.74
      $4.72
      $15.99
      $4.72
      $4.72
      $35.89

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

1/4 female NPT regulator

SS-4-HRN-2 Hex Reducing Nipple, 1/4 in. Male NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT Price: $6.15

SS-2-SE Street Elbow, 1/8 in. Female NPT x 1/8 in. Male NPT Price: $16.40

1/8 female NPT solenoid

1/8 female NPT needle or metering valve

1/8 male NPT check valve

1/8 female NPT JBJ bubble counter

$6.15
      $16.40
      $4.72
      $27.27

Comment

• yeah, my bubble counter is rotated back just a bit. it's not totally vertical, but it's totally functional. I like the simplicity of the design and the fact that there are fewer points where the regulator assem can leak.

Comment

• might want to invest in a SS-2C2-1/3 check valve under the jbj and above the needle valve instead of the S-2-HN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt F. View Post
            might want to invest in a SS-2C2-1/3 check valve under the jbj and above the needle valve instead of the S-2-HN.
            Hi Matt,

what's the reason to invest in such high quality check valve? I heard JBJ bubble counters come with an internal check valve?

Comment

• Originally posted by darkoon View Post
              Hi Matt,

what's the reason to invest in such high quality check valve? I heard JBJ bubble counters come with an internal check valve?
              For safety reasons. It has been mentioed that the JBJ's check valve can be faulty. Here's a brass one that is a little bit cheaper: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Comment

• Brand New Nuaire VTS253A-1993 regulators are about $235 each, come to find out.

Comment

• I'll find out the particulars tomorrow when they email me. But they sell *new* for $235 plus shipping.
                  Also, J&R welding supply has chrome plated brass CGA 320 connectors and also brass and stainless. Easy ordering:
                  http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/st.../SpecMenu.html

Look under "accessories," then CGA, etc. on the left of the page.
                  Last edited by Matt F.; 09-10-2010, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• I'll let the cat out of the bag...

I contacted Nuaire yesterday and got confirmation of the part number, etc. They sell to the public.

Here is one such link to buy a Nuaire/Victor VTS253A-1993 (Brand New):

email:

lbartee@nuaire.com

Or you can buy direct from: http://www.scientificvisions.com/cat...products_id=52

I ordered one to have as a back-up.
                    Last edited by Matt F.; 09-11-2010, 06:34 AM. Reason: added nuaire contact

Comment

• Cool !!!!!!!!
                      Last edited by Left C; 09-10-2010, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• The vts253a-1993 is my favorite regulator bar none.

Comment

• Me too!!!!!

Comment

• you gonna get a brand new one as a backup?

Comment

• I have a new one. It is still in the bag. Mine was $60. I got it from mrmotorcycles on ebay.

Comment

• my "new" ebay 1993 wasn't in the bag, but it was $62. My new one will stay in the bag forever!

That's one heck of a deal. This mrmotorcycles seems like quite the dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X