No announcement yet.

Having trouble keeping my co2 levels up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have another diffuser. I could get a powerhead, I've just never found that to be very effective with the one I have, even in smaller tanks. Maybe I could figure out a better setup for it that what I had done before.

Comment

What model power head and how did you have it set up before?

Comment

You got any rocks buffering your ph up?
        Eat, sleep, breath PLANTS!
        -D. Singh

Comment

Originally posted by strungout View Post
          You got any rocks buffering your ph up?
          I do have seiryu stone, but the pH seems to stay pretty stable, it doesn't go up over what my tap water tests at.

I've decided to try to just start over. I purged as much air as I could out of the reactor by turning off the co2, opening the valve all the way and unplugging the filter then plugging it back in until it pushed all the air out and I no longer hear any trickling inside it. Then I started the co2 back up at 1bps and am bumping it up by about 1 bps per day until I either get the desired pH change or get a buildup of air, whichever happens first. If it seems like I can't get the reactor to work correctly I guess I'll get a diffuser.

Comment

You'll never get the right readings with kh/gh constantly changing through your rocks, so your readings will be off.

Are you able to gas fish?

get back the surface skimmer. Good for the fish

If its not the rock, then the issue is tank size, you will have / need better diffusion methods

like 2 reactors

I have no doubt your reactor is working, they're not efficient as cerges, but good enough, you may need another, a diffuser will go absolutely nowhere in 120 unless your doing low tech.
            Last edited by strungout; 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM.
            -D. Singh

Comment

I have a 120 and use diffusers and have no problem dropping PH a full point.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerman View Post
                I have a 120 and use diffusers and have no problem dropping PH a full point.
                atomizers? or diffusers?
                -D. Singh

Comment

Diffusers. I was able to do it with one placed under a powerhead, added a second to get better dispersal.
                  http://www.aquacave.com/co2-glass-di...er-ma-005.html

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerman View Post
                    Diffusers. I was able to do it with one placed under a powerhead, added a second to get better dispersal.
                    http://www.aquacave.com/co2-glass-di...er-ma-005.html
                    Nice, learned something today, thanks
                    -D. Singh

Comment

Yesterday I got my bps up to 5+ (hard to count past that) and the plants pearled OK, but by the afternoon the reactor had built up air and was spitting bubbles out the filter outflow. So clearly I can't go above that. The pH was high, but if the rocks are buffering that up, does it even matter, or should I just go by plant pearling or something?

Comment

I have seen similar things happening when untreated wood pieces are being placed in the aquarium. Do you have any such decorative wood pieces in your tank? I would be quite interested in seeing the sol

Comment

Do you have any canister filter? If you have, how many times the filtration has done? Do not filtration properly is the main reason of Ph level up-down. Otherwise, the wood pieces can make the water dirty and for that reason, it may be happening.
                          Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by Gwendelion View Post
                            Yesterday I got my bps up to 5+ (hard to count past that) and the plants pearled OK, but by the afternoon the reactor had built up air and was spitting bubbles out the filter outflow. So clearly I can't go above that. The pH was high, but if the rocks are buffering that up, does it even matter, or should I just go by plant pearling or something?
                            What was your ph at 5+ bps when your plants were pearling? I haven't used a reactor before but the 1 bps you mentioned seems low.

Comment

Working...
                            X