Another VTS 250 D build

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Hey guys. So I've decided to take the plung again and do another build.

I've already got the reg....VTS 250D Just called Bill over at Ideal Valve and ordered a 52-1-12. I decided to go with this one as it will suit my needs just fine. I have a V52-1-12 on my other reg but don't really use it/ pay attention to it too much. I placed an order with Aquariumplants.com. Got the Burkett Soleniod with buna seals. Please make sure when if anyone goes to buy one that you order the plug too. The unit itself isn't wired. They will wire it for you with the order of the plug. I also ordered some perma seals. Ordered the JBJ Bubble Counter as well. The needle valve and the BC should come in around same time. I'm trying to get the Swagelok part list together to place an order.

My goal is to build this under $200.00, but don't think I will make that. Still have to order the Swagelok parts and thats probable $50.00 give or take. So realistically it will be +/- $250.00. This reg will last me forever.

Here is the link to the reg...http://www.ebay.com/itm/300664732392?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Recieved it yesterday. Very nice reg overall.

Will keep this updated as I get things in.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Thanks Matt! I will make that order tomorrow. Everything will be in order and on the way. May take a few weeks to get it all but worth the wait.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Got the confirmation from Ideal today. It's on the way and should be here by the end of the week. Gonna place the Swagelok order now.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Everything is on order or shipped!!!

Got the confirmation from Aquariumplants.com on the Burkett Solenoid. I also bought a few perma seals as well. This will be here by next Monday.

The JBJ BC will take a few more weeks as it's coming from over seas. Swagelok order has been placed but no email from them yet. I did however look at my order status and it says all parts have been shipped to the local distributer. I would expect that to be in a week or so.

Grand total was about $270.00 bucks. But it's work it because everything on it, apart from the dreaded JBJ :eek:, is going to last forever! As Matt once said or Gerry I can't remember lol, "I can pass this reg on to my kids."

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Just spoke with Swagelok and the guy said it should be here by next week. Can't wait for the build. I've had the reg now for over a week and it's just sitting there in the box.

Left C

Lifetime Members
Sep 26, 2005
Burlington, NC
Here is my Victor VTS253D-320, Burkert Viton seal solenoid, Ideal 52-1-12 needle valve and JBJ BC that I built a few years ago.

VTS253D-320BurkertSolenoidJBJBubble.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Mine will look identical! :D Can't wait to start the build. Got the NV yesterday and it looks great. Will post pics this week of the reg and NV.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Well I did a leak test on the reg and it failed horribly. The left gauge has a leak. I tried removing it and using teflon tape but to no avail. Guess I will take to shop on Monday and see if they can fix it.

Matt F.

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
May 30, 2009
California
jerrybforl;82953 said:
Well I did a leak test on the reg and it failed horribly. The left gauge has a leak. I tried removing it and using teflon tape but to no avail. Guess I will take to shop on Monday and see if they can fix it.

Replacement Victor gauges are easily aquired and are only about $20-30, iirc, in brass. Victor uses USG guages. I order my replacements from http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Smith/SpecMenu.html

Tell them which model number you have and what pressure range you need. They'll get you the right part. ;)

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Thanks Matt. I was leaking almost like it was coming from the threads. I will definitely need to replace the gauge. I will take it to the shop on Monday and see if they can fix it. If they say they need the part, I'll order it. Hoping they can fix it there at the shop.

jerrybforl

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2010
Miami Beach, FL.
Well I went to the shop today and had the problem resolved. Seems that the person who had it before used the wrong diaphragm on the working pressure side. My guy pulled it out and showed me. Replaced it and the reg is working perfectly!