Needle vs Metering Valve

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle vs Metering Valve

I'm thinking of changing my needle valve on my regulator and have been doing some research. What is the difference between a needle valve and a metering valve. From one I can tell the metering valve is more precise and about 20% more expensive. Which should I go with? I tried to find an Ideal needle valve but can't seem to find any online, anyone know where I can find one?

Mike

I'd suggest a good Nupro or Swagelok 1/8" SS valve with a venier scale handle. Ideal Needle valve makes them and they are even better, these run about 70$ each.

$ well spent.
    www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Thank you for the reply.

Does anyone know where I can an Ideal Metering valve online? I checked ebay and can't seem to find any there. I find lots of Swagelok and Nupro but most run well over $100 with $20+ shipping and none seem to have NPT threads, they are all 1/8 tube in and out. I was hoping to find 1/8 NPT in and 1/8 Tube out or at least NPT so and put a barb.

Thank you,

Mike

Comment

From other thread.

Originally posted by Left C View Post
        Call Bill Sand at Ideal: Phone (701) 352-1164

This link has the phone number and email address, but phoning is the best way to go. Bill gets so many emails that he can't answer all of them. http://www.idealvalve.com/index.html

Comment

Working...
        X