X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gerryd View Post
    Hi all,

I finally got the courage and converted my 10x4 water filter housing that I used as a dwell time unit to this design.

I used 3/16 rigid tubing and used the top venturi design. I am not about to drill into the water housing itself

I placed the c02 input tube approx. 1-1.5" off the bottom. The venturi tube is approx 1" or so from the top of the housing cap.

1. Powered by a Rio 1000 model pump with a DIY needle wheel (NW is how I drove the cerges unit).
    2. Output from the pump goes IN the OUT side of the filter unit so it hits the bubbles coming up and mixes them (I hope).
    3. I used a few bio balls but not that many.
    4. The output of the filter housing is placed next to the main sump pump for distribution.
    5. The venturi output goes back to the reactors feed pump.

I just got it running 20 minutes ago and so far no leaks or anything lol

Seems to work fine. I may hook up the main sump pump instead of the rio. The venturi would feed the main sump pump and the Rio could be removed. The Sicce main sump pump would provide more flow to the reactor, as I would use 1" tube/fittings in and out.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks Tom for posting these ideas and devices. One of the few c02 diffusion methods I have NOT tried (but did use an AM1000 years ago).

Later

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I finally got the courage and converted my 10x4 water filter housing that I used as a dwell time unit to this design.

I used 3/16 rigid tubing and used the top venturi design. I am not about to drill into the water housing itself

I placed the c02 input tube approx. 1-1.5" off the bottom. The venturi tube is approx 1" or so from the top of the housing cap.

1. Powered by a Rio 1000 model pump with a DIY needle wheel (NW is how I drove the cerges unit).
    2. Output from the pump goes IN the OUT side of the filter unit so it hits the bubbles coming up and mixes them (I hope).
    3. I used a few bio balls but not that many.
    4. The output of the filter housing is placed next to the main sump pump for distribution.
    5. The venturi output goes back to the reactors feed pump.

I just got it running 20 minutes ago and so far no leaks or anything lol

Seems to work fine. I may hook up the main sump pump instead of the rio. The venturi would feed the main sump pump and the Rio could be removed. The Sicce main sump pump would provide more flow to the reactor, as I would use 1" tube/fittings in and out.

Will keep you all posted.

Thanks Tom for posting these ideas and devices. One of the few c02 diffusion methods I have NOT tried (but did use an AM1000 years ago).

Later
    Without pics all hearsay. :wink-new:

Jeff

Comment

• if i were to use the venturi loop using a powerhead but the source of flow is a canister filter. where would i connect the input of the powerhead? i get that the output of the powerhead would go into a T in the output line of the canaster filter so the chopped up bubbles will go back into the reaactor. but couldnt find anything about where the powerhead intake gets connected. and could i use a timer on the powerhead to create intervals for the mist? and if so at what intervals do you think would work best?

Comment

Working...
      X