Clear All

• All those terms, acronyms and definitions

http://www.barrreport.com/general-pl...light=Acronyms

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    www.BarrReport.com

is something wrong with the page ??
    Not Found
    The requested URL /general-plant-topics/2418-common-abbreviations-used-site.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.barrreport.com Port 80

Comment

Try this one,
      http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...e-one-I-missed!!!
      :encouragement: Roll You're Own: Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
      Mixed with a sound of water's murmuring
      a sensitive plant in a garden growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post
        thanks this one works.. lol

Comment

A newby question on terms used in fertilizers: What does the three numbers listed in ferts label refer to?

Eg. Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen has the following three number listed: "1-0-2" while Phosphorus list the following: " 0-0.3-0.2" and Potassium list two zeros and then one value: "0-0-5".

Pepetj
          Santo Domingo

Comment

N-P-K
            10-20-10

Etc

Regards,
            Tom Barr
            www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Npk

Hi Pepetj,

The numbers are indeed N (Nitrogen)-P (Phosphorus)-K (Potassium).

The numbers represent the percentage of nutrients in the total volume of the fertilizer package.

So in your example
              • Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen "1-0-2" contains roughly 1% Nitrogen, 0% Phosphorus and 2% Potassium
              • Seachem's Flourish Phosphorus " 0-0.3-0.2" contains roughly 0% N, 0.3% P and 0.2% K
              • Seachem's Flourish Potassium "0-0-5" contains roughly 0% N, 0% P and 5% K

What it is really telling you is you are getting precious little for your money.

The NPK can be a bit misleading and is designed and based on terrestrial plants. :gw

However you see why most of us roll our own...

Biollante
              The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
              • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
              • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
              • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

Working...
              X