Clear All

• All those terms, acronyms and definitions

http://www.barrreport.com/forum/barr...e-one-i-missed

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    www.BarrReport.com

is something wrong with the page ??
    Not Found
    The requested URL /general-plant-topics/2418-common-abbreviations-used-site.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.barrreport.com Port 80

Comment

Try this one,
      http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...e-one-I-missed!!!
      :encouragement: Roll You're Own: Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
      Mixed with a sound of water's murmuring
      a sensitive plant in a garden growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post
        thanks this one works.. lol

Comment

A newby question on terms used in fertilizers: What does the three numbers listed in ferts label refer to?

Eg. Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen has the following three number listed: "1-0-2" while Phosphorus list the following: " 0-0.3-0.2" and Potassium list two zeros and then one value: "0-0-5".

Pepetj
          Santo Domingo

Comment

N-P-K
            10-20-10

Etc

Regards,
            Tom Barr
            www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Npk

Hi Pepetj,

The numbers are indeed N (Nitrogen)-P (Phosphorus)-K (Potassium).

The numbers represent the percentage of nutrients in the total volume of the fertilizer package.

So in your example
              • Seachem's Flourish Nitrogen "1-0-2" contains roughly 1% Nitrogen, 0% Phosphorus and 2% Potassium
              • Seachem's Flourish Phosphorus " 0-0.3-0.2" contains roughly 0% N, 0.3% P and 0.2% K
              • Seachem's Flourish Potassium "0-0-5" contains roughly 0% N, 0% P and 5% K

What it is really telling you is you are getting precious little for your money.

The NPK can be a bit misleading and is designed and based on terrestrial plants. :gw

However you see why most of us roll our own...

Biollante
              The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
              • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
              • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
              • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

The link in Tom's top post All those terms, acronyms and definitions

[COLOR=#6A6A6A !important]06-15-2007, 08:37 PM[/COLOR]

http://www.barrreport.com/general-pl...light=Acronyms

yields this:
                Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

Comment

PLEASE consider deleting all posts with dead links! I'm trying to be good and learn basics before I post about my tank problem. I'm about to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                    PLEASE consider deleting all posts with dead links! I'm trying to be good and learn basics before I post about my tank problem. I'm about to give up.
                    Please do not give up, try using the search function for better yields of posts
                    We can learn from a newbie or two
                    pro O2, CO2 optimization
                    Eat, sleep, PLANTS!
                    -D. Singh

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post

Comment

We're all nice. If you're having trouble finding basic information just ask your questions and I'm sure someone will answer them for you.
                        125g Tank

Comment

updated
                          Thanks Tug
                          www.BarrReport.com

Comment

For newbies, we have an excellent article tab "How to set up a planted tank" by Sundeep Mandel in our website at www.aquariumfertilizer.com.

Comment

Working...
                            X