Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucephalandra species

Hi,
    I am from Poland, I wanted to present my collection of Bucephalandra, Schismatoglottis, and Aridarum species, and thus know the people who are also fascinated this magical plants. If any of you have a interesting variety of Bucephalandra or other similar plants growing on rocks please show your pictures. I will be happy to could share with you my species. If anyone would like to exchange to my species, please pm. Fertilization by EI. Buce really likes it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62693539@N07/
    vasteqplants@gmail.com

They're beautiful.

What kind of conditions do these plants like?
    Nothing is simple.

Comment

In my tank have that parameters:
      PH 6.8
      GH 14
      KH 10
      Co2 - a lot
      Light 0,6W/L

I dosed EI by this plan:
      Macro (recipe for whole month - 12 doses per month = 3 doses per week):
      • [3/16 teaspoon KNO3] x 12 doses = 2 and 1/4 teaspoons KNO3
      • [1/16 teaspoon KH2PO4] x 12 = 3/4 teaspoon KH2PO4
      • [1/2 teaspoon MgSO4x7H2O] x 12 = 6 teaspoons MgSO4x7H2O
      mixed in 600ml of water, dosed 50ml 3 times per week

Micro:
      CSM+B
      (Fe) 7.8%
      (Mn) 2.2%
      (Cu) 0.1%
      (Zn) 0.4%
      (B) 1.4%
      (Mo) 0.06%

• 1/2 teaspoon mixed in 200ml water dosed 25ml 2 times per week.

Micro and macro dosed alternately: Monday Micro (at night), Tuesday - Macro (at day), and so on. I dont dosing at Friday and Saturday. In Sunday another dose of Macro + change about 40% of fresh water (RO+tap water).

And I must say that bucephalandra realy like it. Some speices could give me about 2-3 leaves per week, bucephalandra are considered to be extremely slow-growing, but with EI I can eliminate the term extremely
      Last edited by Vasteq; 01-24-2012, 07:15 PM.
      vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

I cannot see the pictures

Comment

I dont know why, I tried to open in two browser and I see all.
          vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

Lovely pictures, I have the B. motleyana but looking to expand my collection. They simply look awesome!

Comment

These are nice plants, but I think like Anubias, they are not normally aquatic in nature, but do grow slowly in submersed conditions.

Good CO2 and ferts and lights= this is what grows plants the fastest rate, but some do not like that, but for this group, I know of no one that likes slower growth
              www.BarrReport.com

Comment

It is not entirely true because some species like Kedagang or, shown here by me, Kualakuayan2 growing faster than other. It is depend on species. Bigger leaves, and bigger roots = faster rate of growth. Over time the Bucephalandra's growth accelerates. In nature this plants grow in large humidity on the rocks, but in rainy season most of it goes to underwater and since few weeks or months it must growing underwater. So these plants can simply become to submersed (aquatic) plants.
                In my opinion this slow growth, it is their advantage, and makes them really valuable plants. Who wants to cut every week kilograms of these beautiful plants and throw them into the trash?
                Last edited by Vasteq; 01-24-2012, 10:23 PM.
                vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

Great plants and photos! Wonderful job...
                  Thanks,

Gerry.

'When something's not right, it's wrong'. Bob Dylan

Current 220 scape

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...3219-220-video

Comment

Kinda right and different, Bucephalandra has different leaf color, shape and size when submerged, compares to Anubias which stay the same.
                    Bucephalandra has two face, underwater and above water.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasteq View Post
                      It is not entirely true because some species like Kedagang or, shown here by me, Kualakuayan2 growing faster than other. It is depend on species. Bigger leaves, and bigger roots = faster rate of growth. Over time the Bucephalandra's growth accelerates. In nature this plants grow in large humidity on the rocks, but in rainy season most of it goes to underwater and since few weeks or months it must growing underwater. So these plants can simply become to submersed (aquatic) plants.
                      In my opinion this slow growth, it is their advantage, and makes them really valuable plants. Who wants to cut every week kilograms of these beautiful plants and throw them into the trash?
                      They will tolerate submersed conditions and can be grown with CO2, but like Anubias, they are rarely found in submersed conditions. Many of the plants we keep are from terrestrial systems, Anubias, Ammmania gracilus etc, these are plants found often way above the water line. This appears to be the same as Anubias. Crypts are found growing permanently submersed in shallow streams, I would argue Bucephalandra, Schismatoglottis, and Aridarum genera are much more like Anubias. They are nice and pretty, but the cost is still very high still here in the USA, I like them etc, but I have few uses yet for them in aquascapes.
                      Perhaps after the cost comes down in a few years.

That is good if you are a grower and want to recover the $ you paid for them initially, same with many Crypts and this also use to be the case more many stem plants, Anubias and swords in the past. Nice pictures of the plants BTW, some of the better ones I've seen to date.
                      www.BarrReport.com

Comment

vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

Stop posting this now!
                          I'll start wanting them
                          www.BarrReport.com

Comment

I would like to but I can't ' It is stronger from me:

Small KayuLapis1. Longly wavy leaves. The wave was stronger in emersed version, underwater leaves grew smaller, but I think soon will bigger and more wave.

Bucephalandra Kualakuayan1 - small type. Older leaves have blue sheen. Expressive red core, low and creeping speices:

Bucephalandra Red Gaia - medium size type. Creeping. Underside of the leaf is red. New leaves are shine green. Little curly on the edge:

Bucephalandra Metalic Wave - medium size type. Long wavy leaf on the edge.:
                            Last edited by Vasteq; 02-03-2012, 10:28 AM.
                            vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

I wonder inicial name GBV. Perhaps this could be Green/Blue/Violet. Looking for a new multi-colored leaf is quite possible:

Velvet Leaf2 - see how different looks a new seedlings:

SB shortcut - probably comes from Shine Blue. In the veins of this leaves flowing blue blood .
                              vasteqplants@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X