Riccia fluitans?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riccia fluitans?

My LFS sold me cough, cough, Java moss. To me it looks suspiciously like Crystalwort. What ever it is, I have it attached to some slate. Anyone setting the record straight can have the cuttings.
    Attached Files
    :encouragement: Roll You're Own: Greater Washington Aquatic Plant Association
    Mixed with a sound of water's murmuring
    a sensitive plant in a garden growing.

Can't say it is...

Hi Tug,

I cannot say it is Riccia fluitans, but does not look like Java Moss either, then again I am often wrong about these picture ID's.

I found this it may (or not) help. http://www.killies.com/Truthaboutmosses.htm

Biollante
    Last edited by Biollante; 03-13-2010, 02:04 AM. Reason: Forgot URL
    The first sign we don't know what we are doing is an obsession with numbers. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Disclaimer: I am not trying to make you mad, it is just what I am, an evil plant monster, 'nuf said.
    • I believe the information I am giving is sound, I am not a veterinarian, professional chemist or particularly bright and certainly not a "Guru.".
    • I assume you are of legal age, competent and it is legal for you to acquire, possess and use any materials or perform any action in your in your jurisdiction.
    • When in doubt "don't."

Comment

Looks like riccia to me...... esp pics 1 and 3
      Thanks,

Gerry.

'When something's not right, it's wrong'. Bob Dylan

Current 220 scape

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...3219-220-video

Comment

TY

What, no one wants any Riccia?

Comment

I have a lot if you want some more.
          Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Tug View Post
            What, no one wants any Riccia?
            Yeah I'd take some if I thought I had something you might want in trade. All I have right now is the Fabco needle valve vernier mod I posted a while back. Traded two to Wet for some plants and he threw in some riccia but I could use some more.

Pat
            Hard Hat by Day
            Wet, Prunny, (hopefully)Green Thumb by Night

Equipment list:
            See my profile

Flora:
            Polygonum sp 'Sao Paulo'; Hemianthus glomeratus; Ludwigia repens; Starougyne repens 049 Tropica; Cabomba caroliniana; Limnophila aromatica; Heteranthera zosterifolia

Fauna:
            Oto's; SAE's; Red Wag Platies: Gold Mickey Mouse Platies; Neon Tetras

Comment

Riccia for sure
              Aquatic Natur Cocoon 7: 11gal, dry start success / low light / CO2
              >>Follow it here<<

Aquatlantis Evasion 120: Stopped ---> Malawi setup = No Plants

Comment

Oh crap. Maybe ask Fred. I just gave most of it to a friend that wanted some. The cuttings from off the slate tend to be rather short, if i keep up with the pruning. I do have some in a brackish water tank. What I call brackish anyway, SG 1.001- 1.002 and I hope to grow it out. It did better then I would have thought, until recently. The other plants have grown in and are competing for CO2. The stuff attached to the wood died back. If what I have left does better on the surface I can do something then. But, worry about it growing in brackish water. If I should even call water with a SG of 1.002 brackish.

Comment

Riccia for sure...
                  Thanks

JJ

Plants give me peace!

Comment

Working...
                  X