Syngonanthus sp. passion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by easternlethal View Post
    okay my tank's a 55 gallon with a trickle filter, sump and co2. I have lights hanging over one half of the tank only for the more demanding plants and the other half are low light plants - anubias, buces, crypts. On the high light side I have am bonsai, pogostemmon helferi and a few other plants (whatever I can get from my lfs). Light over the tank is maybe 5wpg. Tank is ada aquasoil but very established so I am dosing EI (cano3, k2so4 and kh2po4 and gh booster). Occasionally I add indian almond leaves.

CO2 is hard to measure - maybe 7bps - and I get a lot pearling. Flow is quite high from my sump pump (about 1200gph) but i use 2x19mm pvc outputs so there is 0 surface movement.

All my plants do well except toninas and belems, whose leaves go transparent and brown. The stems seem to survive ok though and get taller for a while, but then they go thin and eventually dissolves. I do have quite a lot critters and fish and feed them quite heavily.

I suspect my co2 is not enough but here are my questions:

PH: Is aquasoil + soft water + co2 sufficient to create the right ph? also I have no idea how to create an 'acidic' substrate or what that really means.
    CO2: how much is enough? Just keep cranking...?
    EI: Is standard EI 7ppm or 30ppm nitrate? Just want to make sure I'm in the same ballpark since the range seems to be very wide.
    Thanks so much for the help!
    PH: aquasoil+soft water + co2= very sufficient enough
    co2: all depends on what your using to diffuse, but very easy to get down, I've had co2 off for a day, another day would've had some melt age of the plants, co2 is very important for this plan but doesn't need to be cranked or blasted
    EI: ask barr

In two cases i have known, the two people started using GH booster and their syngonanthus went down hill
    Barr may say otherwise about the booster
    but me personally i would ditch it and the CAno3, calcium is not good for this plant. Or hardness or something along the lines.

Me myself i use pure RO

If i weeren't gonna ditch the boosters and such, just dose enough for the degree of just 1 or below. But I am sure, this is your problem here, especially at 7bps (how do you even count that)?
    Eat, sleep, breath PLANTS!
    -D. Singh

Comment

• Eat, sleep, breath PLANTS!
      -D. Singh

Comment

• I mad/cranky/irritatedly dosed over ei levels in my other tank. I do not know/remember why. Deficiency? testing?
        Anyways as a result cyano is stripping away in my tank, hehe.
        stripping away madly at a rapid pace
        I'm still learning...

i still got this algae on the glass, but my albino bristenose will take of it, just takes time and patience, i do not know how long, but they are getting rid of it, i don't know how either, the shits hard to scrub off.

albino bristlenose

-D. Singh

Comment

• easternlethal
          EI: Is standard EI 7ppm or 30ppm nitrate? Just want to make sure I'm in the same ballpark since the range seems to be very wide.
          I would like to know this too, seems it would be the build up at the end of the week at around 30ppm

cause my fert, are at 7ppm nitrate too
          -D. Singh

Comment

• thanks for the tips. I use gh booster to help critters and nerites but 1 degree is my max, and cano3 I understood doesnt contain enough ca to really affect gh. But ive just ordered kno3 mix from aquarium ferts and will see how that goes.

i add maybe 8ppm macros 3x a week to provide 24ppm by the end of the week.

what about csm+? do you think it affects?

Comment

thanks for the tips. I use gh booster to help critters and nerites but 1 degree is my max, and cano3 I understood doesnt contain enough ca to really affect gh. But ive just ordered kno3 mix from aquarium ferts and will see how that goes.

i add maybe 8ppm macros 3x a week to provide 24ppm by the end of the week.

what about csm+? do you think it affects?
              CSM affects a lot as they need the traces. You can see yellowish and paling from lack of traces. In this plant deficiencies lack of co2 lack of light too much light, all seem to result in the same symptoms of yellowing and melting whiting in the middle and paling as well. my observation

I'd still try using less booster and see if things perk up. Certain plants that are shot cannot perk up no matter what you do. You may think you can revive, some can.

-D. Singh

Comment

• algae magnet erio

-D. Singh

Comment

• you can probably grow tomatoes with that much ferts

Comment

you can probably grow tomatoes with that much ferts
                    by double ei, i meant in macros and adding 14ppm every other day
                    micros i'm still doing 4 pumps=40gallons normal recommended dosage
                    -D. Singh

Comment

• t5 lighting

man giants looking sweet under this type lighting vs my led tank

-D. Singh

Comment

• All that algae, paradise for a BNP, NS, and some Otos

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchMuch View Post
                          All that algae, paradise for a BNP, NS, and some Otos
                          awww that hurter my feelings. I do not like algae!
                          -D. Singh

Comment

• Originally posted by strungout View Post

awww that hurter my feelings. I do not like algae!
                            But they do

Comment

• Originally posted by DutchMuch View Post
                              But they do
                              Go to sleep.

-D. Singh

Comment

• ok im back lol
                                Again lovely photog.

Comment

Working...