No announcement yet.

Derformed new leaves even with supplimentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ar mini stem is melting. can low traces do this?

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul Jawahar View Post
      ar mini stem is melting. can low traces do this?
      Yes, that might be, but it could be something else. IME plants melt when something changes in their environment, sudden changes mostly. If you see too many issues coming up with your current dosing and that's the only thing you have changed in the past 10-15 days, I'd try to increase them 50% and see if makes any difference. And then keep increasing them until you find the sweet spot as Burr suggested.

Comment

How long will it take for the plants to get ok after increasing. the trace dose?

Pin holes are now present in older leaves of almost all plants now.

I am dosing k+ as k2so4 and kh2po4. Calcium as calcium sulphate. Seems plants cant utilise k+ and ca2+ in sulphate form or some traces needed for the same are missing or excess!!! The guy who made the micro nutrient mix i am using told me that my issues are due to calcium not available in usable form and adviced to add caco3 in the form of sea shells. I didnt do that for fear of raising kh. I wonder if thats true?¬*

A. Gracillis which showed an improvement initially is not showing any change now. A. Senegal is growing fine.

Cabomba furcata and limnophila slender is having base stem rot. I have to plant replant them several times a day. Its frustrating.

Rotala mini butterfly is stunted. A few stems of macrandra which was ok till this time is stunted.

Pogostemon helferi growth has slowed down.

Should i have to look for alternative sources for k+ and ca2+? I can add kno3 and calcium nitrate see if that helps.

It might seem am talking to myself ha ha. But there is no other reliable place where can i put down my plant worries. All your inputs are welcome

Comment

I'll try to answer some of your questions:

1. Better dosing such as increasing traces should take between 3-15 days to be noticed, that depends by the metabolism of your plants (more light => faster results). In my case, when I increased traces because they were too low, it took about 5 days to start seeing improvements, and I have medium light (60-80 PAR).

2. Pin holes can be caused by other issues.... I read Tom mentioning lack of Co2 can cause that as well, so... check Co2 is good, well dissolved and distributed constantly during the photoperiod everywhere. I wouldn't worry about lack of K, as Pikez said already, you should have plenty

3. You have pretty hard water (GH 10), so you should be fine from the Ca and Mg stand point, but... if you really want to be paranoid, you could add about 10 ppm of Ca and 10 ppm of Mg. For Ca, I'd use the simple and very cheap CaCl2:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Important: make one change at a time and WAIT for plants to give you feedback. I have done the mistake too many times expecting some feedback in 2-3 days, whereas most of the times you need to wait 10-15 days to see a response from plants. 2 weeks is usually a safe time frame
          Save

Comment

fablau¬*thank you. I will wait for 2 weeks and update¬*

Comment

Originally posted by Rahul Jawahar View Post
              fablau¬*thank you. I will wait for 2 weeks and update¬*
              You are very welcome. I'll follow your progress

Comment

Working...
              X