Free Presentation On Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo Sponsored by GSAS

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture on rare and unusual Dwarf Cichlids by Chuck Rambo. Chuck has been keeping tropical fish as pets since 1967. His interest in fish got him started working in pets shops and fish stores while in high school to directly importing fish from South America and Asia, while attending college. After graduation he got a real job as a geotechnical field engineer and is still currently working as one today.

When Rift Lake cichlids were first introduced into the hobby he was immediately taken by them and had a strong interest in all cichlids ever since. He is a past Chairman and current Fellow of the American Cichlid Association. He is also the past president of his local club, the Pacific Coast Cichlid Association. He has been diving in Lake Malawi and Lake Tanganyika with Ad Konings. In 2009 he led a group of local club members to Florida to collect feral cichlids and visit tropical fish farms. His other interests include collecting antique aquariums and maintaining his collection of carnivorous plants. This will be Chuck's first visit to Seattle and is looking forward meeting new aquarists and making new friends.

The lecture will be Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Guests welcome; no entrance fee
Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Chuck knows a ton and 1/2 about cichlids and then some, go see his talk, you'll be glad.

Rodney

Junior Poster
Sep 12, 2011
I keep a 125 of Malawi cichlids. I really wish I could see this presentation.

Is there any chance it will be filmed or recorded?

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the "shout out"! I still review your talks from last September, especially the "light limited" one, on a regular basis. Kathy is already starting to book the speakers for next year, we may have a speaker next September (2012) that will lure even you up here!! lol

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi All,

Chuck's talk on 'Rare and Usual Dwarf Cichlids' is on Tuesday, November 8th at our regular GSAS meeting and is open to the public at no charge.

In addition, FOR GSAS MEMBERS ONLY Chuck has agreed to do a a second talk on 'Lake Victoria Cichlids'. The talk willl be on Saturday, November 5th. The information regarding the time and location is available to GSAS members in the "secure" area of our website; www.GSAS.org.

I hope you have the opportunity to attend!

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hi All,

Tomorrow (Tuesday) evening....don't miss this opportunity. I attended the Saturday Members Only meeting and Chuck did a great talk on Lake Victoria cichlids. I don't keep African cichlids but I thoroughly enjoyed the presentation. I am really looking forward to the 'Rare and Unusual' cichlid talk!