**FREE Pleco Lecture by Barbie Fiorentino** - Presented by GSAS

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
**FREE Pleco Lecture by Barbie Fiorentino** - Presented by GSAS

The Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS) is pleased to sponsor a free lecture on Plecostomus and Loricariids by the "Pleco Queen", Barbie Fiorentino of Aquarium Solutions in Spokane. Barbie is an avid hobbyist and currently maintains about 1600 gallons of water in 28 tanks in her home and about 2600 gallons in the store. She keeps and raises many rare Plecos and her presentation will cover differences in dietary needs, caves, water parameters, shapes of mouth structure, collection locales, and how that all relates to spawning. .

The lecture will be next Tuesday, November 9th, 2010 at 7:30PM at Seattle Pacific University; Otto Miller Hall; Room 109; West Nickerson Street and 3rd Avenue West

Doors will open around 7:10PM; the meeting will start at about 7:30PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Open to the public, no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building, no furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG for more information and directions

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Wish I could be there. I have always had a sincere fondness for all of the plecos and would quit my job yesterday and drive straight through the night if only ...

Seattle_Aquarist

Guru Class Expert
Aug 31, 2008
Seattle, WA
Tonight! Doors open shortly after 7:00, meeting starts at 7:30. Visit, trade, check out the 'Mini-Auction' table before the meeting starts.

@1077 Maybe next time! We have several members that are into Hypostomus and Loricariichthys; she is bringing some of the real exotic species with her!

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Well, I recently bred and am still breeding Sturisoma and Red farowellas (have about 20 fry of each).
I found a 3" inch juvy in the client's tank.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Love the Farlowella, They are in my view just as industrious as otocinclus. Can't hardly find em in my neck of the woods but I did keep a couple of the Sturisoma a few years back until an ice storm knocked out power for a week.
Lost all fish with the exception of a clown pleco.
Currently have L142,LDA25,and Long finned Albino Bristlenose along with a group of Otocinclus.
Would be interested once sexing becomes possible, in a pair of the Red Farlowella should you be so inclined.

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
I do not ship fish.
Shrimp either.

But.....the reds are easy to keep and breed if well fed.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Guru Class Expert
Aug 19, 2010
Understand. My local fish store owner is trying to source me some of the smaller perhaps less often seen plecos for a tank I am setting especially for them.I shall maybe add the red farlowella to the list.
125 gallon with plenty of filtration/movement, lot's of wood and smooth riverstones along with a couple of powerheads attached to quick filter's.The tank currently holds loaches but I am searching for good homes for the loaches. Couldn't bear to see them in small store tank though my fish store has offered credit for them.
Anyhoo,pleased to see that other's appreciate the plecos.