Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 AGA Convention in Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Hi all,

Here is the AGA link to this year's convention.

http://www.aquatic-gardeners.org/convention.html

I just registered myself as I live only 45 minutes away.. I actually lived and worked in Lauderdale for years...

Please advise if anyone here is going as I would love to say 'Hello' and put some faces/voices/real names to the folks I 'know' here.

Ft Lauderdale has a decent nightlife as well if anyone thinks the hotel is not enough fun Not far away either. Plus South Beach is only 30 minutes further south lol

Weather will most likely be very nice. Jeans should do it...I wear shorts pretty much year round....Maybe a light jacket in case it cools off at night....
    Thanks,

Gerry.

'When something's not right, it's wrong'. Bob Dylan

Current 220 scape

http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...3219-220-video

Jimmy Buffet wear!

I'm going.

Regards,
    Tom Barr
    www.BarrReport.com

Comment

I want to go so bad. The more people I hear are going, the more I am willing to pay for the trip down.

Comment

Meeting folks, hearing the speakers, the competitions, and the auction are at the top of my list.....

Nov in FL is nice no matter WHAT you are doing pretty much

I encourage you to go if at all possible...the lineup of talent looks good.

Tom, no lecture time for you? Maybe to stress the importance of c02

Would actually like to hear you present.. maybe we all should show up for a reading of your dissertation? at your house of course lol
        Thanks,

Gerry.

Current 220 scape

Comment

I'm going..
          if I don't have any tests on the 11th or 12th. Who knows when I know if I will or won't. Might be too late to register by the time I find out.

Comment

Question:

Will everyone here be wearing a name tag with their Barr Report names?

If not, how would I know folks? Will we have to publish an excel spreadsheet so we have a cross reference of web to real names

I guess I will just have to introduce myself to EVERYONE and ask if they are on the Barr report....lol

I am kinda curious though how that would work.. Some surnames I know from PM and various communications, but still...no faces to go with those names..

Maybe all the Barr folks can meet in the hotel lobby at some specific time to do a quick 'meet and greet'? Cocktails at midnight?

Later,
            Thanks,

Gerry.

Current 220 scape

Comment

I'll be the guy asking who has L. 'Pantanal'
              Let's all grow great tanks.

rota.la

My plant tweets pics!

Comment

Originally posted by Wet View Post
                I'll be the guy asking who has L. 'Pantanal'
                You won't be the only one lol

That is also on my to-get list.......
                Thanks,

Gerry.

Current 220 scape

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryd View Post
                  Meeting folks, hearing the speakers, the competitions, and the auction are at the top of my list.....

Nov in FL is nice no matter WHAT you are doing pretty much

I encourage you to go if at all possible...the lineup of talent looks good.

Tom, no lecture time for you? Maybe to stress the importance of c02

Would actually like to hear you present.. maybe we all should show up for a reading of your dissertation? at your house of course lol
                  I already did some damage years ago, time for new folks to do it, or show pretty pictures.
                  I'm going to meet with friends, not really for the meeting per se.

Regards,
                  Tom Barr
                  www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gerryd View Post
                    You won't be the only one lol

That is also on my to-get list.......
                    Said the guy interested in bladder wort, duckweed and Riccia
                    Same thing as Ech azurea. Too fast growing weed.

Regards,
                    Tom Barr
                    www.BarrReport.com

Comment

I will be there.

Gerry, I'll be easy to identify as the one with the 'Ozzie' accent.

Tom, good to hear your going, see you there.
                      Dif-tor heh smusma
                      Live long and Prosper....

Comment

I'm thinking about going. I will be flying back from New-Orleans, might as well stop by.

BUT, I know nobody and nobody knows me on this forum :| (I'm waiting for someone to convince me it might be fun anyways )

Comment

i'm not going, but i send my malawi biotop to the contest
                          dario!

Comment

I'll be coming in On Weds/Thurs most likely.

If you can come, you'd better decide soon, the Hotel registration is almost up!!!

Tom Barr
                            www.BarrReport.com

Comment

Hi All,

I believe that today, Friday October 22nd, is the last day to sign up and get the good hotel rates. If you are planning on going and want to save some money today is the hotel deadline, so please book your room if you're going!
                              [SIZE="2"][B][I]Roy[/I][/B][/SIZE]
                              45 Gallon Tall; 96 Watt AH Supply CF; 6700K; & 30 Gallon Long; 2X36 Watt AH Supply CF; Pressurized CO2; UGF; Heat Treated Montmorillonite Clay
                              [SIZE="3"][B][URL="http://www.gsas.org/"]Greater Seattle Aquarium Society[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X