Tropica relaunches website - more goodies for us!

Martin

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 8, 2005
Sebbersund, Denmark
Hi all.

some have probably already heard of the new plants from Tropica.. ?

Hygrophila pinnatifida
Pogostemon erectus
Polygonum sp. (porto velho(The plant was brought to Tropica by me under that name))
Vesicularia ferriei (Weeping moss)
Lindernia rotundifolia
Echinodorus vesuvius
Myriophyllum mattogrossense

oh and Vallisneria americana var. asiatica

Of course, some we know, and some.. are new...

Staurogyne repens is finally officially named by Tropica in the new catalogue... though the name was released first, officially, by Christel Kasselmann in her new book.

Oh.. back on topic..

www.tropica.com

Go there.. see the new site... there are lots of goodies... they're focusing more on the hobbyist by introducing setup guides for all aquarists.. including (sigh) childrens 'crocodile' tanks :)

Of course.. the site is still in development (areas of the site missing content) but Tropica assures me that they're working on adding content all the time...

AND... it's possible for us... planted tank freaks geeks fanatics etc. to send them journals (set up guides) of our tanks and have them added to their site.. and I think they'll be offering some sort of price for the tanks chosen to be included...
I think this 'plan' is still sitting on the drawing board.. but I have long ears, and a stretchy neck, ... and can't keep a secret!! So worth considering..

Enough ranting... go there...

click click click

www.tropica.com

www.tropica.com

www.tropica.com

:)

And no.. I don't work there.. I am just excited!!

argnom

Guru Class Expert
May 24, 2009
Montreal, Canada
The new site looks good, but they should have done some load testing... I keep on getting SQL timeouts... not enough available connexions in the pool... It looks as if their site is getting hammered.

/Stupid MSSQL...

Gerryd

Plant Guru Team
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2007
South Florida
Hi,

I am sure it is great and will check it out, but it is a bit hard to get too excited about it as there are no apparent dealers for North America?

So just showing more stuff that is 'unavailable' to us?

Or can you get their products to the USA and I am just ignorant of how that is accomplished?

I keep on getting SQL timeouts... not enough available connexions in the pool...

I wonder if they may have a SQL that is underperforming :)

Martin

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Mar 8, 2005
Sebbersund, Denmark
Hi

yes, the SQL timeouts are a pain. I wonder if they just REALLY underestimated the site traffic, or just placed the website on an old server. It's an external hosting company, so not directly Tropica's fault.. but definetely their problem.

Gerryd, I know Tropica exports to Canada, so NA dealers could get their plants there. .. or ..

if you look at the new products Tropica is launching... plants directly from T/C culture..

There shouldn't be any problems importing T/C plants from Denmark... even in the states... T/C is free of any pests, bacteria or other 'aliens'....

So who knows....

I believe T/C will be the future of aquatic plants...!