New Store Display Tank

H

Htomassini

I just finished setting up another display/sell tank at the store.
It is a 33g 24lx18x18 Mr Aqua Rimless.
Using Mr Aqua soil, and co2. Eheim 3 filter

The purpose of this tank is to accomplish the following:

Demonstrate a CO2 system to potential customers
Show off what a difference has a substrate vs gravel in planted tanks
Proper lighting (35-40 mol at substrate)
Landscape in a way to house fancy plecos (hence the embedded driftwood)
Landscape it in a way to merchandise fish easily

View attachment 2892

H

Htomassini

here is our other display/sell tank. It is a 48g Mr Aqua tank, also with Mr Aqua soil. We constantly sell the lilies and blyxia out of this tank. It is in the 25-35mol range, non co2.
We keep our dwarf cichlids, apistos here.

[attachment=1013:name]

DSC01119-2.jpg

403251_3377281196519_1404056813_33336202_1915949863_n.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Barr

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2005
Place some Xmas moss on the wood so it creeps up and is 1/2 in the water etc, has access to the tank water etc.

It'll take to the wood really easily, if you do this with Fissidens, then you'll sell/make more $.

H

Htomassini

I tried it with java but it doesn't like being out of water. I have not been able to get Xmas moss in months. I'm tryin to get a wholesaler for mosses.

Even as is the lack of nice fw displays in stores down here is 0 so people come in and just stare at the tank. Lol

Henry Tomassini
www.theplantedaquariumstore.com
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gilles

Lifetime Members
Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2008
Netherlands
Nice tank, however. it seems like you have the spray bar above water level, this will cost you co2

H

Htomassini

Need to strike a balance between happy fish and happy plants. Fish before plants. A 5 lb will go a long time in a 33 gal tank.
I've seen what too much co2 does to fish.

Henry Tomassini
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orion

Junior Poster
May 21, 2012
My friend is opening a fish store and I'm trying to help her find display pet store fish tanks.Where would be a good place to start? We tried Petco since they are going out of business in our area but they are a no go.Does anyone have any other ideas please share your ideas and remove my problem i need your help friends o shall be thankful to you for you sharing ideas with me.

H

Htomassini

We built everything from scratch.
There are some companies that make the shared system merchandisers. Marineland is one of them.. There is another company out of jacksonville fla.

Henry tomassini
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
An inappropriate disguise would be more like it…

Hi Henry,

Wow, that is a nice store!
:D You have done wonders with that space.:cool:

I am going to have to find an appropriate disguise, sneak back, and see your place for myself.
:)

Biollante

H

Htomassini

Lol

Thanks. We could use twice the space just for freshwater.

This layout is tough because I only have 8 ft ceilings and their is a 1ft ac soffit that runs on the other side where the tanks are. Even then I have over 50 tanks and 7 qt hosp tanks.

Henry tomassini

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Mea culpa, I really had my doubts… But, Wow!

Hi Henry,

I have to admit that being familiar with the area and the building.
:) I was a bit dubious,:rolleyes: but I have to say that your setup appears well thought out with a great use the space and well,:highly_amused: wow! :cool:

Biollante

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Need to work on the disguises

Hi Henry,

Pussy cat, Pussy cat
Pussy cat, Pussy cat where have you been?
I've been to London to see the Queen
Pussy cat, pussy Cat what did you there?
I frightened a little mouse under her chair.

Went to London town to see the Duke of Normandy,:gw thought I might stay awhile,:cool: then someone recognized me :eek-new: and I was unceremoniously tossed out:rolleyes: and am back in Arizona for a bit.:disillusionment:

Biollante

H

Htomassini

Lol

Very cute

So is the bone dry air wrinkling you up?
Me being a s fla native enjoy the nice humid air.

Two winters ago I finally enjoyed the heater at my house. I had a nice 200 gal humidifier that was keep at 84f and kept the house humid while I ran the heater.

Sinuses rejoiced.

So every time I think of Arizona I think of dried up nasal cavities.

Or iced tea.

Henry tomassini

Biollante

Lifetime Charter Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2009
Surprise, AZ
Meeting Her Majesty Was a Great Honor &Truth Is It Was Business That Forced Me Back

Hi Henry,

I love the glorious dry!:) Though I started my life in the great northern swamps, and when I left it was for the swamps of Southeast Asia. :rolleyes:

I ended up spending much of my life in the high deserts of West Asia, the plains of Southwestern Africa, the deserts of the Arabian Peninsula and North Africa then to the high deserts of Colorado. With stints in Kentucky, Florida, Texas, Maryland and a number of years on the road just thrown in. Somewhere along the way, I went from being a swamp creature to a creature of the desert.:calm:

In truth, I enjoy other places, but I half froze to death in England! I swear I could not get warm and never felt dry.:eek-new:

With all the ceremony going on you think they could at least have “ceremoniously” kicked my sorry-potted-plant-butt out, but the truth is I was happy to come back to 106°F and 5% relative humidity, warmth and blessed dryness…:highly_amused:

With the Monsoon upon us, we will no doubt get the humidity kicked in and frankly, that does get miserable.:(

Biollante

H

Htomassini

Wow so the where in the world part was partly correct...
Well I've only done Argentina and small parts of the USA so you've definitely been around?

Lol
I keep the ac in the house at 78 my wife likes it at 76. But I get plenty of people here who like at 69-70. To them I say if you like it that cold get the hell out of here please and take all of those obnoxious north easterners with you.

But I agree, I don't like the cold. Easier to do warm than cold.

Henry tomassini